IGNORED

Its funny when chops play blades.

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have seen those people out on the range. It does make me wonder what the heck are they doing with that equipment but if they have the money to buy that equipment who cares. It is too bad that they are making the game harder for themselves though.

Heyyyy, I use to tie flies... I will get back into it someday.. great hobby!!

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

those guys need to spend there money on golf lessons instead of new clubs

Thats insightful.

We were all horrible at one time. Who are we to pass judgement upon someone. The only way to get better is to practice, and thats the reason the man was at the range. He isnt at a private country club or even a local muni, he is at the Range.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

The way I see it, it's their money. If it makes them happy, go for it. Yes it is counter productive for their game but maybe they're people that just have fun trying new clubs and have the finance to fund it. If that's what makes them happy, good on the. There are too many unhappy people out there.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

To each his own. I could care less what irons a partner or competitor is playing, or whether or not I feel he is worthy enough of a golfer to be playing them. If they give the person enjoyment, that should be good enough.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

The average golfer's handicap hasn't changed over the last 20 years. With that data, it's fair to assume that all the different technology changes don't really help fundamentally broken swings, course management, and short game.

When it comes to golf equipment, act like it's the 60's. Do whatever feels right!
  • Upvote 1

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Haahah why do they even make blades anymore than? Pro's on tour seem to even be getting away from them. I guess they make the for the Rich Chops at the range then.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

• Administrator
Haahah why do they even make blades anymore than? Pro's on tour seem to even be getting away from them. I guess they make the for the Rich Chops at the range then.

Some pros are. Some aren't. The best player in the world uses musclebacks. Lots of golfers who don't want the club covering up their mistakes play musclebacks.

I'll ignore the ignorant portions of your post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is't ok i am a rich chop who played Taylormade TP blades for the past 2 years. Switched to a more forgiving club. Plus if you have the money why not play the best. I pay for my clubs no free stuff in my bag.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Is't ok i am a rich chop who played Taylormade TP blades for the past 2 years. Switched to a more forgiving club. Plus if you have the money why not play the best. I pay for my clubs no free stuff in my bag.

What does paying for your clubs have to do with it? Did I get mine for free, and that's why I'm somehow not playing the best? (For the record, I paid for mine too. So?)

You should play the clubs that are the best for you, given whatever constraints you have.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Oh something to add re this thread. M first clubs were 2nd hand wilson blades which were cut 4 inches. They were rediculously hard to use.

Dad did it on purpose so that i'd learn quicker...

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

I don't see how it's different than seeing guys "chop" the newest drivers out there over the fence (ON THE SIDE) of the range.

Also, what's your goal in playing golf? Just the score alone?

Same as some other guys here, I started on Wilson blades (FG-17?) 23 years ago. Went through 845's, I-3's,..., and back to T-zoids.

I play a blade(like) iron simply because of the reward I get when I catch one pure.

I am also very happy for someone when I see them catch a blade super pure on the range--because I know the feeling and can relate!

Driver: FT-5 Tour 8.5* neutral
3 wood: TEE CB1 15*
Irons (3-PW): Nike forged blades
SW: Sonartec T35 proto 54*
LW: Sonartec T35 proto 58*Putter: Yes! Tracey

I'm not good enough to play blades... but I'm always looking for a nice used set that I can fool around with. Thats why I love my set now, I can hit any 8,9,PW and appreciate the blade in my 735cm's but 6, maybe 7 and up I like having that cavity there to help me out

if the masters champion doesnt play blades I think you need to think about your set up

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I'm not good enough to play blades... but I'm always looking for a nice used set that I can fool around with. Thats why I love my set now, I can hit any 8,9,PW and appreciate the blade in my 735cm's but 6, maybe 7 and up I like having that cavity there to help me out

WELL SAID!

If you're not a single digit, below 6, you have no business playing blades...it's just an ego thing. Most of the guys I see play blades shouldn't...

I think if you are low handicap golfer you should use blades but if someone is struggling to break 100 it makes no sense to use blades
the fact that it worked for you (IACAS) doesn't apply to most golfers (N=1 is not enough)
It's true that professional golfers are also using less blades and more cavity backs...at that level they can play whatever they want!!!

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

• Administrator
the fact that it worked for you (IACAS) doesn't apply to most golfers (N=1 is not enough)

N = a lot more than 1. I never said N = everyone, but it's a heckuva lot more than 1.

It's true that professional golfers are also using less blades and more cavity backs...at that level they can play whatever they want!!!

There's a difference, though: they don't need help. They hit the ball on the center of the clubface. As I said, I appreciated that tougher-to-hit clubs helped me improve my ballstriking very quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think it's funny when golfers are too young to remember when blades were the only equipment option and make fun of those who might still favor 'em.

Those were the days before the Internet and titanium, i.e., the days when terms such as "game-improvement irons" never existed.

We old folk grew up on blades. We didn't even know they were blades. Hell, we didn't even know what an emoticon was.
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!