IGNORED

Tiger's ball at the Masters

mgolfer
Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And I just read how he still uses a customized one because nobody else wants a ball that spins as much as he does. So…

Then why admit to the fact that he hasn't ever used a production golf ball, until now.

Seems to me that the best marketability would be for him to say he's always used a ball off the shelf..

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

• Administrator
Then why admit to the fact that he hasn't ever used a production golf ball, until now.

It's been said several times before... that Tiger's never played a production Nike ball is not new news.

Seems to me that the best marketability would be for him to say he's always used a ball off the shelf..

They'd be lying. Then and now. Better still to just let people believe what they want to believe.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Tiger should use Pro v1s in my view. Im sure he practises with them. Id be surprised if Nike produce enough of these prototype balls for Tiger to practise with.

Uhm, no. You're wrong on several levels.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Id be really surprised if even titleist tour players used "off the shelf" prov1's. Im sure they all get a little something in the ball catered to them.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
Id be really surprised if even titleist tour players used "off the shelf" prov1's. Im sure they all get a little something in the ball catered to them.

I have it on fairly good authority that they do. Some have requests in for unusual numbers (0s, 9s, only 8s, "anything but a 4", etc.) but otherwise, they're all stock.

About the only thing is that some will stick with a previous year's model for a little while. Some out of superstition, and some because it offers slightly different performance characteristics.

Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!