IGNORED

Walking vs. Riding

Matt P
Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love to walk the course, but recently, I've had odd electrical sensations in my pec and my left upper arm....

That's weird, I've been having the same strange feeling lately. I don't carry things on my shoulders like that though so I don't know what might be causing it.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

A course called Golden Hawk, off of I-94 about 40 minutes north of Detroit:

Holy crap... a course I haven't played in the Metro Detroit area (let alone heard of). So I guess I can't tell you if it is a good walking course or not?

I was just curious where you were playing as I lived in Oakland County for about 25 years and have played a lot of golf in the area. Have a good first round.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I find that low handicappers play faster when walking, and high handicappers play faster in a cart.

I prefer to walk. if you think about it like this, people that swing like guerrillas will still swing like a guerrilla when they drive to the ball. they think it's faster to drive 30 yards to the ball they skulled and hit it another 50 - 100 yards.

Check it out, I once played a 7.5 hour round with someone..and we were in a cart. it would take the guy 3 strokes to catch up to my 1 shot. I love walking. and yes, if you carry your clubs over the course of the day, you're burning about 1000 calories, it varies depending on your body fat content and of course the terrain. I had a calorie counter on me when i walked a hilly links course. i took 30 putts and 58 strokes and i burned 1889 which is RIDICULOUS! granted, it was about 102 out! But I also see it like this: 1. you're more focused when you walk 2. you have time to reflect on the things you did right or wrong. 3. clears your mind 4. just great cardio
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Walking relieves so much more stress than riding in a cart. If you hit a bad shot you walk it off and can let your mind drift in between shots. If you're in a cart, you have no time to think about things other than golf so it can leave you stuck on a bad shot, which will in turn lead to another bad shot . And simply put, walking is better for you.

"Yep. Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing. Somethin' we was born with. Somethin' that's ours and ours alone. Somethin' that can't be taught to ya or learned. Somethin' that got to be remembered."

Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!