IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would it still have been "illegal" if Christina would have stepped on the grass first and then placed her ball?

I thought that is what she did. I thought she stepped on the grass then placed the ball? I thought she was holding the ball in her left hand.

You can step behind the ball on the Tee but nowhere else. The problem with the ruling is that this is the Big Break and they are not technically "playing a hole" as they are playing a 1 shot contest from this particular spot. So IMO this is something that the big break should specify beforehand. Here is a question. So if they allowed this by Christina, what if someone did it in the next pitching/chipping contest from the rough? IMO same situation and you would have to allow it since its the technical "teeing ground" for the hole.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Were the competitors really "playing a ball with a club from the teeing ground into the hole"? No: they were neither starting at a teeing ground nor finishing at a hole. This challenge was not Golf; it was merely hitting shots onto an green. The Rules of Golf apply to Golf only, not some pseudo-golf-form in which contestants neither tee off nor putt out.

This is what I was yelling at the TV. It is NOT golf !!!! I would have fought that claim tooth and nail. Then I would have told thecow to mind her own business.

As other have said, Lori should be on a show called the re-tred break. I'm sorry she had her chance. This show is about getting in the door, not back in the door after you locked yourself out.

hammerTyme();
stop();

As annoying as Lori is with her BS mind games, it annoys me even more that Christina doesn't fire back at that big bitch. When they were tag teaming her at breakfast, I was hoping she'd stand up, tell Lori an Sophie to go f themselves, and walk off.

I understand that everyone is there to win, but to me, Lori's antics go way beyond poor etiquette and are plain ridiculous. I'm definitely pulling for Christina.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

As annoying as Lori is with her BS mind games, it annoys me even more that Christina doesn't fire back at that big bitch. When they were tag teaming her at breakfast, I was hoping she'd stand up, tell Lori an Sophie to go f themselves, and walk off.

I'm glad she didn't do this (as you stated) imo this world has to many A-Holes (like Lori) in it, and not enough Hero's.....she took the higher road and I was so glad for her....you go girl....

I'm glad she didn't do this (as you stated) imo this world has to many A-Holes (like Lori) in it, and not enough Hero's.....she took the higher road and I was so glad for her....you go girl....

While I appreciate what you're saying, I disagree. You don't have to let yourself be verbally and mentally abused in order to take the high road. You can stand up for yourself and still rise above. Maybe what I posted was a little extreme, but even if she went as far as I suggested it wouldn't make her an a-hole like Lori. That being said, I still wish someone would tell Lori to stuff it.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

hopefully Christinas play these next few series will do her talking and put Lori in her place.........that right there would be the perfect revenge should she continue and Lori be gone.....(at least that's what I'm rooting for)

While I appreciate what you're saying, I disagree. You don't have to let yourself be verbally and mentally abused in order to take the high road. You can stand up for yourself and still rise above. Maybe what I posted was a little extreme, but even if she went as far as I suggested it wouldn't make her an a-hole like Lori. That being said, I still wish someone would tell Lori to stuff it.

I agree here. Christina should have stood up for herself. I am disappointed that Lori won the prize package and really was hoping that after she won it, she would be eliminated. I definitely will miss Susan saying, "oh sugar".

Although I am rooting for Kim.

I agree here. Christina should have stood up for herself.

While I would have liked Christina to stand up for herself, it isn't just Lori that she would have had to stand up to in this case. She is really going up against everyone. If you remember, Lori wasn't even the first to say something about Christina tapping down the ground. It was actually Kim who first said something. I hate Lori as much as everyone else but she is not the only one who is giving Christina grief.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

If Lori gets booted before Christina, I hope Christina completely ices her. "Um, who you huggin', bitch? Buh-bye!"

If Christina goes before Lori, I want Christina to toss out something like: "Oh, it's OK, I can always fall back on my good looks. Lori.....well......best of luck in golf."

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I am disappointed that Lori won the prize package and really was hoping that after she won it, she would be eliminated.

Perhaps I wasn't listening carefully enough to the rules, but I didn't understand why with Lori and Sophie tied in points that Lori was given the price package instead of Sophie.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I personally am glad that Christina has not stooped to Lori's level and given her the satisfaction of saying anything. Seems like it is exactly what Lori wants. I think her actions say enough.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Perhaps I wasn't listening carefully enough to the rules, but I didn't understand why with Lori and Sophie tied in points that Lori was given the price package instead of Sophie.

They tied for immunity, not the season-long points race. Lori was ahead in the season standings.

Christina is a better person. karma baby. We all wish to tell the a-holes of the world to f-off. what makes people great is the restraint, or shall i say what makes great people great.

All of us see the medal of the players, and i am not referring to their play.

Golf is the greatest game of all, because you cannot hide the true self.

-buddha

Driver: FT-5
3 WD: FT-i Squareway
3 Hybrid: a3 Boxer
3-PW Irons: X-20
Wedges: 52,56,60Putter: Circa 62 #1Ball: Pro V1

It's Lori vs Chris and Sophie vs. Kim in episode 10. This should get interesting... Lot's of bad feelings. I just can't understand why Lori acts the way she does either...

It's Lori vs Chris and Sophie vs. Kim in episode 10. This should get interesting... Lot's of bad feelings. I just can't understand why Lori acts the way she does either...

She's fat, jealous, threatened, and bitter about life.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

I think its because she's better suited to graze in a grassy field.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

She's fat, jealous, threatened, and bitter about life.

Not a bad guess, but I have a theory...Lori has a huge crush on Christina but can't act on it (for several reasons). Hence the negative obsession with Chris.

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

Not a bad guess, but I have a theory...Lori has a huge crush on Christina but can't act on it (for several reasons). Hence the negative obsession with Chris.

so your saying lori likes to putt from the rough?

i really want kim to win shes hot and she plays good

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!