IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I need to retire a bag soon. But I have a good callaway bag as a back up. So no more buying this year. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 
sabertooth putter

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered an used Adams 2014 Tight Lies Fairway 5 Wood for a nice cheap price. Very curious to test it out.
Been looking for a fairway wood to replace my 3 hybrid to help give me a bit more distance on par 5's and long par 4's.

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

I went the other way for some quick cash.

PXG driver F7 cobra driver , some tiger memorabilia and a small telescope for yardages.  150 bucks. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

On 6/5/2024 at 10:11 AM, rocket23 said:

@retoid you’re gonna like the vice better. I use them both Bridgestone e12 and vice 

Well you were certainly right about this. Didn't notice much difference from when I switched to the e12's from the Kirkland balls. But today when I first tried the Vice Pro's, wow noticeable difference. Longest drives I've had so far and I think I need to club down on iron shots with it. Kept overshooting the green with them. Great feel and sound too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, retoid said:

Well you were certainly right about this. Didn't notice much difference from when I switched to the e12's from the Kirkland balls. But today when I first tried the Vice Pro's, wow noticeable difference. Longest drives I've had so far and I think I need to club down on iron shots with it. Kept overshooting the green with them. Great feel and sound too.

I am using up my Taylor made distance balls. Went thru half of my tp5’s. Prolly finish the season with axt titliest. But not buying any. I still have a few hundred maxfli balls in my safe. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

6 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I am using up my Taylor made distance balls. Went thru half of my tp5’s. Prolly finish the season with axt titliest. But not buying any. I still have a few hundred maxfli balls in my safe. 

How do you like the maxfli's? (Which ones?)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, retoid said:

How do you like the maxfli's? (Which ones?)

They are Still in the box. lol

Maxfli softfli is the specific name. I hate hitting a ball that has anything solid or like hitting a rock. In the past (a few seasons ago) I remember using maxfli but they scuffed easily. So I went with a more expensive albeit “soft” ball. 
With the maxfli purchase ,off season, I. got over a hundred balls for eighty bucks so I figure what the hell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

7 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

They are Still in the box. lol

Maxfli softfli is the specific name. I hate hitting a ball that has anything solid or like hitting a rock. In the past (a few seasons ago) I remember using maxfli but they scuffed easily. So I went with a more expensive albeit “soft” ball. 
With the maxfli purchase ,off season, I. got over a hundred balls for eighty bucks so I figure what the hell. 

Wow ~$0.80 a ball? That's a great deal!

Yeah it was a dicks Black Friday deal. But you had to buy the 96. Pack

• Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

• 3 weeks later...

54 and 58 degree SM9 wedges, replacing 4 year old Callaways.

Have chipped with them twice so far and 1 range session.

Carry yardages were right where I expected, nothing crazy there. They did seem to launch MUCH higher than what I'm used to, but it possibly could have been the range balls too since I was at a different range than usual and they weren't the best quality balls.

Chipping has taken some getting used to, significantly more spin and stopping power especially on uphill shots. 

Generating quite a bit more spin out of the rough too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 callaway erc  yellow balls for twenty bucks.  Won’t be as painful to hear the kaplunk now. 

• Funny 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

2 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

50 callaway erc  yellow balls for twenty bucks.  Won’t be as painful to hear the kaplunk now. 

I went through those Vice Pro Plus' too fast lol. Loved them but I lost 6 the other day. 2 over the fence and the rest in bushes/tall grass. Decided to pick up and try out the Sugar balls. If those go just as fast, I'll probably resort to looking for a deal like you just got :D

50 minutes ago, retoid said:

I went through those Vice Pro Plus' too fast lol. Loved them but I lost 6 the other day. 2 over the fence and the rest in bushes/tall grass. Decided to pick up and try out the Sugar balls. If those go just as fast, I'll probably resort to looking for a deal like you just got :D

eBay is your friend 

• Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a mint condition Spider X Hydroblast putter. 

35", small slant neck. 

Been putting with a blade for a while but haven't been a fan of it inside 10 feet.

This Spider X seems much better inside 10 feet so far during my practice session today. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, klineka said:

Just picked up a mint condition Spider X Hydroblast putter. 

35", small slant neck. 

Been putting with a blade for a while but haven't been a fan of it inside 10 feet.

This Spider X seems much better inside 10 feet so far during my practice session today. 

What I like best about that putter is the ability to tap in the small putts from the opposite end. I have the ordinary knock off.  By far the best club in the bag. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS
Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 
Titleist 4 hybrid 
sabertooth putter