IGNORED

Should I Play More Difficult Courses?

Hello everyone, new member, deep in the sand again! Been playing, regularly, around 12 months, not much happening in the winter months so everything I thought id learnt the tail end of last summer has completely dissolved from my memory, feels like starting from fresh again this spring to be honest. Anyhow, I'm playing with my brother, my mate and an uncle most of the time. All much better and seasoned than myself. I'm looking for a few courses near me which I can enjoy, being at the stage I am right now with my golfing. The guys are playing much harder courses that I feel I'm ready for. I'm based in the booth west of England so if anyone has any suggestions for courses near me that I can take a lot more from at my level, or....am I being a bit of a Nancy and playing the more difficult courses should be better for me?? Also whilst I'm not at the course and being limited to a small back garden, is there any tips or things I can be doing when not at the course to improve my golfing? 

Any input much appreciated.

Cheers,  Steve. 

Edited by SteveMags
Spelling mistake.

• iacas changed the title to Should I Play More Difficult Courses?
  • Administrator

Play the types of courses that you find fun, for now. Or if you play a more difficult course, you can always play a tee set that you like.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

play where the grass is good. 

the better courses are usually more difficult and less beat up than the common courses. I prefer having the opportunities to make good golf shots, and more difficulties give these chances. 

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

2 hours ago, Wade Patton said:

I prefer having the opportunities to make good golf shots, and more difficulties give these chances. 

I hear you but there is a certain challenge about playing an "easier" course and holding yourself to account to score well.

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema