IGNORED

Z Factor - Best Training Aid Ever

Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got mine today.

Edit: took me a while to find a comfortable stroke setup.
red spacer with red rails

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i felt the putter grip twists close on my back stroke and twists open on the down stroke.
is that supposed to be right? or do i need a different setup?
so confused...

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

• Administrator
i felt the putter grip twists close on my back stroke and twists open on the down stroke.

Have you watched the DVD?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have you watched the DVD?

I got the older version. doesn't come with any dvd.

only an instruction manual with some practice tips.

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

• Administrator

Then I don't know how to help. Email Dean? I've felt a distinct LACK of twisting, but that's perhaps because my flaw was to open and close the face too much.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Then I don't know how to help. Email Dean? I've felt a distinct LACK of twisting, but that's perhaps because my flaw was to open and close the face too much.

i paid close attention to my club face. I did see my club face open less and close less then my normal stroke but I still feel the grip twisting more than I'm used to.

So then I tried to adjust my swing to match the guided one. I realized I was rotating with my whole upper body instead of just rocking my shoulders up and down with my forearm passing in front of my body. I think that got rid of the twisting feel. Now my ball goes dead strange into the center of the cup. After two days of struggling, I started to see that it's so much better than getting a new driver. I'll see if I can get a dvd from Dean.

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

this is all i use. two lines on a mirror. the line the ball is on doubles as my target line and to verify my eyes are over the ball. the inner line is to verify my shoulders are square to my target, which is vital to directional control. i also like the fact it's glass because if i can get the ball rolling straight on glass then i can get it rolling straight on anything. I know its nothing like the z factor but it has helped me tremendously and you can put one together for like $20. just my 2 cents.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

• Administrator
I'll see if I can get a dvd from Dean.

I doubt that you'll get that - I just meant he may have a PDF of the instruction manual or something that you didn't get. I think the DVD is something he's added to the "second generation" Z Factor (along with square to square putting stroke and other tweaks).

I got the older 5 plane model as well, mine came with 2 DVD's for the model. If you can't get the DVD from Dean, we'll see if he'll allow me to post a link for it.

Mine came with the optional laser and sticky tape for it, no extra cost. Got the $199 version from his Ebay store. has square to square as well as the above posted arcs, 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4", square planes.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

Wish I had one. I am wondering how the height of the tracks is set (that controls how high the putter gets off the ground).

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

• Administrator
Wish I had one. I am wondering how the height of the tracks is set (that controls how high the putter gets off the ground).

You just unscrew two (or four, if you want to adjust both the back- and through-swing) knobs, slide them up or down, and screw them again to lock them into place.

Just an FYI: I've had the z-factor for almost 4 weeks now and I've tried to use it for about 10 minutes a day. On average I probably have put in those 10 minutes about 5 days a week. In that time I've played 4 rounds and my putting average is down 2 strokes per round! It's definitely cut more strokes off my score than my $400 driver ever did...

Big clubs: :titleist: 915D3 @ 9.5°, :callaway: X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

You just unscrew two (or four, if you want to adjust both the back- and through-swing) knobs, slide them up or down, and screw them again to lock them into place.

What iacas said What's great is that the Zfactor can be, and is encouraged in the dvd, adjusted for YOUR putting stroke. Play around with it to get the plane that feels the most natural and comfortable. Inside-square-inside and square-to-square planes allow you to adjust putter heighth at impact, backswing, followthru. You can change your angles for I-S-I. I was aprehensive about going to a completly different swing when I got my Z, but what it really allows you to do is use your swing, but correct the path, with instant feedback on putter head position and lets you groove muscle memory. I'm working on distance control now, marking how far I take my backswing for 20-50ft putts. After getting my marks, by using my back foot, I can hit my distances now w/o the Z within 1-2 feet. Now I just gotta read grain and breaks

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

I average about 36 putts.
I've just got the machine for less than a week and played a round 2 days ago.
Putted a 40 (doh!) because I'm at this awkward stage between my own stroke and the perfect stroke. (Some putts are due to the slower green speed and me leaving them short)

MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>

I just got mine, and when I put my putter on the roller, the roller moves and bumps the ball out of position while I get the putter to stick to the magnets. How are others handling this?

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 10.5 OZIK XCON 6
Wood: Callaway FT 3w 15* Fujikura e370 S
Hybrid: FT Hybrid 3H 21* Fujikura e370 S
Irons: Callaway FT 4 - AW Nippon NS Pro 1100
Wedges: Callaway X Forged Chrome 56.14 SS/MD, 60.10 CG/MDPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG SabertoothBall: Callaway Tour ixBag:...

• Administrator
I just got mine, and when I put my putter on the roller, the roller moves and bumps the ball out of position while I get the putter to stick to the magnets. How are others handling this?

... by not bumping the ball. The ball position is slightly forward of where the roller should stop at the bottom. I haven't had any troubles like the one you're describing.

I pull the "cart" ("roller") back behind where the ball goes, pop the putter out, pull a ball down into the tracks and into position, put the putter back, and slide it forward behind the ball slightly, then putt.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw Erik's post and looked at the Z factor as well as other putting aids. Given price and storage difference, has anyone compared Z factor to the Momentus Putting Drill?

Note: This thread is 5217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!