IGNORED

the "Say omething About the person who posted above you" thread

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he didn't work for Enron...

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

• Administrator

Okay guys, that's enough boosting of post counts. Sorry, but of everything out there that wastes time with little tangible or even psychological benefit, this is one of the worst.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Just critiquing the article.  He is misquoting energy being created or destroyed. The energy conservation is more around systems, and accounting for energy in the system. This is why thermodynamic equations end with some sort of variable, usually entropy. Heat loss is a common energy loss that must be accounted for to balance the thermodynamic equation. Let's say you have a car engine, if you write out the thermodynamic equation, at the end you need to account for the heat generated as a loss. We haven't found a way to redirect heat effectively as energy into a mechanical system for use.  I would say certain movements in the golf swing do either promote more power or less power. Power being swing speed. All that energy is known, it isn't like any system is claiming they are breaking the laws of thermodynamics.  I get the guy wants to sound professional here, I get his gripe, but don't misuse physics please. 😛 Not sure I believe that. If you practice the movements, specifically enough, you will make a swing change. If it is good or not depends. I do not think a golfer can become so ascribed to a system, and believe it makes them better, then it does make them better. There might be some confidence level here, so maybe some measurable result could be found. It could be gaslighting as well. Unless you track the scores out, a person might believe they are better when they are not.  Maybe for some, but I do not believe all of these instructors are after this. I think the golf instructor might just be bad at realizing how long it takes to make a swing change, and a good result might not actually be due to their instruction, but just variance. So, it might just be a bad assumption on the instructor's part. I do not think it is all, "Oh, if I can just make every good shot sound like it is me improving them, I got them roped in for x amount more lessons." There could be more "snake oil" salesman out there than I think. I think a lot of special programs are designed as to get to know the instructor. An instructor's business is to get clients. I do not see these sorts of promotions, camps, or what not as a scam. What if an instructor is like, buy one get one free lesson. Or, buy one adult lesson and a kid gets a free lesson. It could be a way to get a kid into the game if they are interested. This could be done by any type of instructor; method, system, or whatever.  From my experience, at least at the places I have been to or instructors I have happen to oversee teach. Most of them do use cliche's, or drills to fix a common problem. They may not be hitting on the exact issue, but it is what they know. I wouldn't categorize it as a method, or as the writer gave an example, Stack and Tilt. 
    • If your baby is crying why would you continue to play golf? Take the kid out and get them some play like a reasonable adult. If you don't like kids go to an adult only course. I bought a kid Caddie and it works awesome. The kids had a great time and the cup holders worked great for drinks. I even used the phone holder to record videos of me showing my little guy how to swing. Until you have kids you wouldn't understand.
    • Wordle 1,046 4/6 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Not exactly what I thought the article would be about but a little interesting. I immediately thought of @collegefbfan post.  I would like to believe that most instructors have a genuine passion to help their students get better, but I'm sure somewhere there's a guy that gives you just enough to make you have to come back. @iacas can answer this.  Other than being a PGA professional, is any governing body on certifications for an instructor?  I know of the USGTF but is that 100% legitimate?  Ryan: Lessons from the worst golf instructor in America In Tampa, there is a golf course that boasts carts that do not work, a water range, and a group of players none of which have any chance to break 80...  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...