IGNORED

Shafts on Shot Quality

iacas
Note: This thread is 6788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Today, as part of a little experiment, I hit some Titleist 735 6-irons with different shafts. I began with my current shaft, the True Temper Dynamic Gold S300. Then I tried the Nippon NS Pro 970 (a Titleist-branded Nippon shaft available as a custom order ) that weighs 20-30 grams less. The results? See if you can guess which is which:

Needless to say, the impact (no pun intended) shaft choice had on quality of ballstriking was made very evident to me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I'd guess Nipo is all over the face - easier to achieve it with very light shaft.

Almost exactly the same. The Nippon threw the ball up a little higher than I'd like and I think it lost distance going up and not out. I don't exactly wormburn my irons, either, so that Nippon was

really high relative to a normal 6I.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!