IGNORED

Longest Hole You've Played

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 1570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whats the longest hole you have played?(maybe a pic or link) also did it make it impossibly dificult?

Mine is a 621 par 5 at Boughton golf course, double dog leg, but i have played it twice and got 6/4 it wasnt that hard, i am long but not the longest so im confused, so i want your oppinion.

Heres a link:
http://www.pentlandgolf.co.uk/pentland_golf_home2.html

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Longest ive played is only like 514 yards. Par 5, not that long. Im sure ive played longer, just dont remember.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

568 yards from the back tees - 17th hole par 5 at Aviara. I haven't played a wide variety of courses just yet, but that was the longest (and toughest) par 5 i've been on yet.. the course is quite difficult on the back nine.

I made bogey on it though, thanks to a well placed wedge/4th shot and two-putt after I missed my 3rd well to the left and before the green, into a valley of rough.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

841 yards. #12 at Meadows Farms Golf Course, Locust Grove, VA.

That's a par 6 though. This is par 5's we're talking about here.

841 yards, hmm... that is actually a lot of distance. I figure it based on the average-per-shot that it takes to get GIR. For example, for a 600 yard par 5, that's a 200-yard-per-shot average. Yours is 210 yards. That's pretty painful, and from the looks of it, the hazards are many.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Played a 767 par 6 at Farmstead in Myrtle Beach. Starts in North Carolina, ends in South Carolina. Walked all the way back to the tips for that hole. Played it well, but missed the short par putt for a disappointing bogey. My one friend who is a meathead player reached it in 3. He still three jacked, but for him the glory comes in the long ball.

They throw a water hazard up before the green and to the left, making it even more risky to attempt the big third shot. I think we were all sitting just over 200 yds from the pin on our second shot. It doglegs to the left allowing you to cut some distance off the actual scorecard yardage if you want to go for the gusto.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

For Par 5, I would guess the two longest I have played are:

1. 18th at PGA National. Played it from the Honda tees for just that hole. Somewhere just over 600 yds.

2. the 612 yd 4th hole at Shattuck Inn in New Hampshire. This course has a slope of 153, and defines target golf. The carry off the drive is 200, and it is a narrow landing area with a marsh on the left and a giant rock cliff on the right. The green is protected by a small brook, and in the back sits a giant boulder. I'm convinced the green itself is just grass laying on the boulder, as it is not soft at all.

This course is in the middle of no where, but is cheap to play and is an incredible test of your ability. I've never shot anything quality there, but if you think you are a player and are in the northeast, it is worth checking out.

Here is the link if you want to see pictures of the holes. If you click on the picture's url, they are much larger and better quality. Great mountain views all over the course:
http://sterlinggolf.com/shattuck/description.htm

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

That's a par 6 though. This is par 5's we're talking about here.

Oh, really? The question (verbatim) was: Whats the longest hole you have played?(maybe a pic or link) also did it make it impossibly dificult?

O.P. did not say the question was about par-5 holes . . . you made that up!

Oh, really? The question (verbatim) was: Whats the longest hole you have played?(maybe a pic or link) also did it make it impossibly dificult?

Oops. I retract my statement. I wonder where I got that from - I should brush up on my reading skills :)

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:

Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course in New York City has a 620 Yard, Par 5.

http://ontheinside.info/wp-content/a...f-course01.jpg

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I've never played it but thought it was worth posting. The Pillar Mountain Classic in Alaska this week end. Google it. One hole...1,400' elevation change...up a mountain...par 70. I think part of the approved equipment is brush cutters, but chain saws are not allowed. The entire tournament is one hole.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

#17 at Raccoon Valley in Granville, Ohio. 666 yard par 5

Link to scorecard

http://www.raccooninternational.com/...=scorecard.php

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Isn't one of Firestone's par 5's 660 something yards? A hole that put the fear in even John Daly?
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:

595 par 5 at Silver Dollar GC in beautiful Odessa, Fl. Only problem is a lake that runs from 280 to 315 off the tee shot, right in the middle of the fairway. Only cleared it on the fly 4 times. If you lay up it makes for a boring par 5.

Also played a par 5 at World Woods, Pine Barrens course, damn sure played longer than advertised. I think around 570, but felt like 630.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

12 hole at Torrey pines South. teed off from the black championship tees. the hole is a 504 yard par 4.....yikes. definately the longest par 4 ive played.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Junkie, have you played Van Cortland? I usually go to Silver Lake as I live downtown and the ferry is convenient.

What's in the bag

Note: This thread is 1570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!