IGNORED

Tiger Woods 2006 PS2 League?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Is there any way to do an "official" or semi-official "league" for Tiger Woods on the PS2? We could do a round-robin type of tournament or have some other kind of thing wherein players with the PS2 copy of TW2K6 set up times and all that... or not.

If not, I'll probably just get the GameCube version of the game and not the PS2 version. Better graphics and all that...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that sounds good but i dont have a clue about most of it

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade r580 XD. STIFF SHAFT W/ FIRM TIP 10.5°
5-Wood: Titleist 975F, 21°, S300 Stiff SHAFT
Irons: Titleist 990, S300 3 - PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56°CLEAVELAND TOUR ACTION 60°Putter: 33" ODYSSEY 2 BALL MALLETScotty cameron Newport 2 Pro platinumBall: Titleist...

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to do an "official" or semi-official "league" for Tiger Woods on the PS2? We could do a round-robin type of tournament or have some other kind of thing wherein players with the PS2 copy of TW2K6 set up times and all that... or not.

in the PC version you sure could set it up, I don't know the PS2/Internet thingy.. PC has better graphics than TV anyway (if you have the bucks for a decent video board).

If there are any PC TW players - I'd be in for that...

I don't know why, but I passed on Tiger this year. I think they release it at a very bad time, on the downswing of the golf season. I think a Christmas release or first of January release would be great because a lot of golf fans including myself get in the golf mode around that time.

I just didn't feel like getting Tiger yet, but I will probably get it for Christmas. That way, I'll be excited to play it.

In the last two weeks alone, I've gotten NBA Live 06 and NCAA March Madness 06. Can you tell what mode I'm in right now? :)

Rafi, is the PC version really that good? I've thought about getting it because the difficulty is higher. What are your thoughts, and do you have the 06 version?

Personally I never got into the PS.. must be the controls. I started playing computer games a few years back (ok, about 15 years ) and got used to playing with keyboard or mouse/keyboard only. No joysticks for me (except in the bedroom ), and the PS controller doesn't fit my chobby fingers either.
I can't compare PS TW200X to PC, since I only owe the PC version (currently still on 2005). Graphics are crisp, very realistic visually, but gameplaying is a bit too much "arcade" for me. I still think the best brand of golf simulation was the Links Series (eventually bought out by Micro$oft and killed!). If you want a tough, tough game, with great graphics and VERY realistic ball controls (read = affect of mis-swing on the ball flight trajectory + direction) - nothing comes even close. TW2K6 suppsed to be a huge leap over the 2k5 version, I think I'll eventually get it, but still have to finish my first season on the PGA Tour (3rd in money so far ) before that happens.
NBA 2K6... same story. Still trying to get my beloved Knicks into the playoff on a SuperStar level, few more "months" left. Love it.
It's tough for me to get through all the 2K5 series ( TW, NFL, NHL, NBA ) in time to grab the 2006 versions... I'm still early in the season in every of them. Oh yea, I do work for living in the short breaks between playing games.
A side-note: I couldn't enjoy the EA games before I spent about 3.5K on a self-built PC, which is a screamer... video board alone was about 1K - and you need every bit of it if you turn on all the details!

Well, I think the 3.5K on the computer just dampered my PC hopes. :) I think I paid a solid 1/2K on my own. :)

If you are only in 3rd on the money list, it's definitely tougher than the PS2 version. You would be in 1st by millions. I think my first season in Tiger 05, I ended up winning the money title by 5 or 6 million. It was way too easy.

Thanks for the impressions, and it looks like I'll go with the PS2. I like the Cube controls better, but I hate that you have to have two discs and switch them out all the time. I'm too lazy for that.

• Administrator
Well, I think the 3.5K on the computer just dampered my PC hopes. :) I think I paid a solid 1/2K on my own. :)

I agree on switching out the discs. What I think I'm going to do is wait for the PS3 version or just sit this round out and see what golf games come to the Revolution. You know, with those motion sensing controllers, golf games could become pretty interesting...

I rarely find the time to play anything but Madden, and if Dave's ass-whooping of me Thursday night is any indication, I've really not even put in much time there. P.S. Third on the money list? The PC version must be harder.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!