IGNORED

Help Please! Backswing too Long!

For the life of me I cannot seem to stop breaking down my left arm and wrapping the club around my head in the backswing. I think I'm going shorter but on video it's always there. Any help with this would be much appreciated. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• iacas changed the title to Help Please! Backswing too Long!
  • Administrator

I don't think you have a Member Swing topic, huh? I'd start there.

Also, this might help:

Finally, I'd look at what your trail elbow is doing.

P.S. Never mind, here is one.

It's 1400+ days old, though. And you never posted a video there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for the reply @iacas. I'll have to get my wife to the range as the only video I have is well behind and to the right of me. Just enough for me to see the awful breakdown. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

• FO: through the hands, hand height, parallel to the target line
  • DL: through the hands, hand height, perpendicular to the target line
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let me clarify something…

You CAN make a shorter backswing.

You can’t make a shorter backswing while swinging at full speed (and trying to hit the ball solid).

My advice…

Listen to this podcast episode: 

Then do a couple thousand reps slow while hitting foam balls…

Or create a barrier of some kind where if your swing goes past a certain point you hit the barrier…

or get a Dewiz (golf training wristband) which has a setting where you can get auditory feedback as you swing about your backswing length. (It’ll yell at you as you go outside the parameters you set).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, cedrictheo said:

Listen to this podcast episode: 

Then do a couple thousand reps slow while hitting foam balls…

Hmmmmm. 😉