IGNORED

Your average iron swing speed?

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got fitted today and they had a swing speed monitor on me. I, found out for the 1st time, averaged 85 mph (+/- 1 mph) with the 6 iron.

I was just curious what others here have been clocked at?

so my question for you then is what is your avg distance with 85 and a 6 iron? i have used that speed stick thing and i would guess i swing around the same speed with my irons. who knows how accurate that thing really is though. i haven't hit a 6 iron for a while but i think its around 165 yards for me

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

I wouldn't worry about your speed. Concern yourself with where the ball is going. It doesn't do you any good to have a fast clubhead speed, if you can't control the ball. If you watch most pros, you'll notice they don't go after their irons as hard as their woods. There's a reason for that.

I played against a guy in college who was 30-40 yards shorter than most everyone else, but man could he hit it straight.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I wouldn't worry about your speed. Concern yourself with where the ball is going. It doesn't do you any good to have a fast clubhead speed, if you can't control the ball. If you watch most pros, you'll notice they don't go after their irons as hard as their woods. There's a reason for that.

Being interested and worried are two different things. I'm curious as well, and yes you don't need to swing hard to hit a good iron shot. if he was going for max speed he might have asked driver head speed?

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

When I got fitted for my irons, the fitter said my 6 iron swing was 96mph. It was a pretty nice swing for me, and the ball was nice and straight.

What's in the bag

Driver: 9.5* 905R w/ Proforce UST V2 (X)
3w: UST Proforce FW stiff 15*
Hybrid: 585H 19* Aldila "by you" xIrons: CG1 3-PW s300 dynamic goldWedges: 53*/58* Putter: Mid SurBall: whatever I feel like buying that day

I was hitting it about 170. I wasn't at all maxing out either..about 70%..it was a very average/comfortable/typical tempo for me and it was the first time I found out that was what my speed was.

I've been swinging this "speed" for quite some time and today was the first time I found out..pretty exciting actually to be able to put a number on it. I was just curious to see what the "average", for lack of a better word, speed were for you guys.

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!