IGNORED

My Swing (Icemike)

IceMike

I've been Playing Golf for: Day 1

My current handicap index or average score is: Unknown
My typical ball flight is: 80-120yds
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Achieve more consistency

Videos: 

Carrying an ankle injury (leading leg) and a lower back issue. According to the camera a few extra lbs aswell.

Planning to update bi-weekly and hopefully get more consistent contact so I feel comfortable stepping on the course.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

• Administrator

Do some Day 22 stuff, then do some Day 2 and Day 3 stuff:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Using imgur as camera images to big

ShtY4od.jpeg?fb

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift...

When i was at the range at the weekend i found rotating my wrist further around made for a more stable grip. 

Ive looked to get grip images (for a left handed player) but outside of 2 knuckles visible and a V i cant quite tell which is right.

My left hand coming over with an interlocked finger is comfortable, and the club is resting along the base of my fingers not the palm itself. 

Am i completely off on this?

(Swing Thread)

27 minutes ago, IceMike said:

Using imgur as camera images to big

ShtY4od.jpeg?fb

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift...

When i was at the range at the weekend i found rotating my wrist further around made for a more stable grip. 

Ive looked to get grip images (for a left handed player) but outside of 2 knuckles visible and a V i cant quite tell which is right.

My left hand coming over with an interlocked finger is comfortable, and the club is resting along the base of my fingers not the palm itself. 

Am i completely off on this?

The stability in a grip has more to do with how far the grip is down in the fingers versus strong or weak. Check out this thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Too much in the palm:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Appreciated the feedback, not sure if this picture(s) better. Hard to flip it from right handed to left handed in my head.

08UbDqI.jpeg?fb

(Swing Thread)

• Administrator

You're angling the hand too much. Grip the club in the air at first until you can do this. Connect the green dot across the grip directly from the pinkie, not angled (red line) up toward the end of the club.

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this more.pike the desired outcome?

vqkYRMC.jpeg?fb

Feels like my fingers have came over more and my thumb is off-centre (other hands thumb runs along the edge with tip along centre line)

(Swing Thread)

• Administrator
14 hours ago, IceMike said:

Is this more.pike the desired outcome?

vqkYRMC.jpeg?fb

Feels like my fingers have came over more and my thumb is off-centre (other hands thumb runs along the edge with tip along centre line)

That looks better, albeit very weak. You want to see two to three knuckles.

Maybe you can, and it's just the angle of the camera here.

Yeah I can see two fully on edge of a third. I'll keep working on it until it becomss second nature.

Appreciate all the assistance, understand this is pretty basic but thinking each brick in the wall needs to function if it is to stand a long time.

(Swing Thread)

55f410800d0511eebaf33613900415a2?signatu

1 file (99.4 MB)

First time ive been able to record or see.my swing

Compared to week 1 i consider it a huge improvement but still not looking how i feel it is. Undersrandably alot to work on before im back at the range in 2 weeks.

Feel like my 8iron swing is to long and driver to short, need to straighten back a bit more (noticable hunch in top of back), also feel im over rotating back and under rotating forward. Explains my 25-30yard slice

(Swing Thread)

• Administrator

Mike, this site supports embedding of YouTube videos, and we strongly suggest you do that. The odds of any of us wanting to download or even click through to another site to view a video are much lower than watching an embedded YouTube video.

Please embed videos here on TST — it helps us all to view the videos right here inline with the rest of your post. If you're not sure how to do so, here's a helpful guide. Thank you!

You can leave your videos as unlisted but still embed them here. Just not private.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check out the first 5 drills in this thread. They set up a good backswing and downswing. I would recommend filming them and posting here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks for feedback

Day 2/3 were already in my plan but will include others. I need to arrange a stand to do recordings as at the minute Im enlisting my kids which is challenging to line up my practise times. I do find I lack alot of mobility or rather definited mobility which is something I'll need to work on more alongside my gym routine.

Strangely if I do my backswing slow, I can hit each checkpoint with reasonably ok form (not over extending wrist, elbow etc) also manage a reasonably straight lead arm but when I speed up and have an actual target it all falls down.

(Swing Thread)

• 1 month later...

Been a little while since i've posted. A health issue with one of my kids sidelined everything. 

Got out to the range yesterday, seeing most consistebcy with my 8iron around 120yds dead straight. Still cant hit a driver clean always slicing around 30yds and around 170-180 distance if I fix the slice would probably be low 200's.

No video this time but focus on follow through/hip rotation is key, always feel its an aftertrought/forced.

(Swing Thread)

• 3 weeks later...

A while since the last update, no video but i tried out simulator. My best driver being 202yd (177carry) total with a 47l (club path -1.6, face angle -8.3), 2481spin.

Noticed my swing speed sits around the 70-75mph mark. Im expecting that will improve when my pain finally goes.

Tried a quick 9 (with autoput) on a training course and wasnt as bad as i expected until water kicked in then I couldnt carry 90-100yds with my 8iron which normally i can. 

Booked to go back next week for 18holes with my son. So will track that properly.

In the mean time alot to work on. Primarily focused on trying to reduce my slice and less on distance, i feel its to do with my body rotating to far round but will need to get video to review.

• Thumbs Up 1

(Swing Thread)

Did 18holes on the simulator, old course.

Dont have words for how bad I was. 

Longest drive: 192.7yards

Average: 136.7yards

31% fairway hit, 63% slice left

Despite the very bad play, my PW was good from 50-90yards fairly accurately getting me on green. It was the multiple horrofic shots getting me within that range that was the problem.

Really struggling to get any power through, especially with a wider stance for longer clubs. Keep missing opportunity to record videos.

Fortunately doctors tomorrow to look at my back and hopefully get MRI scheduled, once this is fixed will be booking with the club pro for some 1-2-1 coaching.

(Swing Thread)