IGNORED

Daily Golf Rule

Dick Kusleika

• Administrator

Very cool. Good idea.

I try to read one of the rules each day (i.e. Rule 1 on March 1, for example), and then the rest of the month the definitions, etc. In the months I do this, that is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I finished! It was a good exercise and I'm glad I did it. I started again but instead of sorting the rules in a random order, I take a rules quiz on usga.org and I let any incorrect answers determine what rules I'm reading next.

On thing I don't like about the quizzes on usga.org is that Basic level always includes questions I'm not interested in. Like there's always one specific to match play and one specific to Four Ball - two formats I never play. I'm kind of surprised they're considered Basic because I assume most people are like me and are virtually always stroke play. So I may try to find a different quiz and if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dick Kusleika said:

On thing I don't like about the quizzes on usga.org is that Basic level always includes questions I'm not interested in. Like there's always one specific to match play and one specific to Four Ball - two formats I never play. I'm kind of surprised they're considered Basic because I assume most people are like me and are virtually always stroke play. So I may try to find a different quiz and if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Match play is the original form of golf. I wouldn't skip those questions. They're also not that different. The general penalty is loss of hole instead of two strokes, and single-stroke penalties are single stroke penalties. There are some rules about order of play, overlooking breaches, etc. but it's not that different.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades