IGNORED

Low Spinners (Viktor Hovland, AoA)

iacas

• Administrator

You swung faster but got a lower smash factor — more of the speed went into generating spin.

You'll have to keep experimenting. The type of ball, how clean the clubface is, where you hit it exactly on the face… it all matters.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Wow glad to stumble on this post. I have often been able to hit these when I am playing a lot and had no idea why. I could always feel it off the face like it would almost feel like I hit the ball thin and the ball comes out super low and checks. When I can't hit them reliably I have thought maybe its the bounce getting involved and redirecting the attack angle which kind of makes sense.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades