IGNORED

Need Advice on Completing My Bag

New member here.  A 50 year old total beginner.  I have decided to get some lessons on the regular.  I have one next month.  I have purchased the Wilson D9 irons.  I got a great deal on them, brand new, and trying to sell the Titleist AP1's I have.  The technology is so advanced compared to the 712 AP1's.  Currently, I don't have anything in between my driver and 5 iron.  I just need a couple of clubs to close the gap.  I am going to ask the instructor which route he thinks I should take in regards to hybrids or woods or both.  I do have a budget in mind.  Just for discussion, what do you all think about these?  I am looking for something for a 50 year old beginner.  I just want to hit the ball straight and as far as my body allows.  Any advice on any of these would be appreciated.

HYBRIDS:
Tour Edge E522 Hybrid #5... 25 degrees. $100
Wilson Launchpad 2 Hybrid #5... 25.5 degrees. $80
FAIRWAY:
Callaway Steelhead XR 5 Wood... 18 degrees. $110
Wilson Launchpad 2; 5 Wood... 18 degrees. $85
Wilson Launchpad 2; 7 Wood... 22 degrees. $80
Snake Eyes Golf MAX 5 Wood... 18 degrees. $100
Mizuno ST-X 220 5 Wood... 18 degrees. $120

• boogielicious changed the title to Need Advice on Completing My Bag
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, collegefbfan said:

A 50 year old total beginner.

My recommendation is to get out and play some… and not worry about completing your bag just yet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Grab a used 5W that you can hit - try it out in shop to make sure it will work for you. Then...

On 2/27/2024 at 6:40 AM, iacas said:

get out and play some… and not worry about completing your bag just yet

The 5W will give you some distance, and can get you out of rough.  Versatile club.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades