IGNORED

Almost every time I drive...

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The ball goes to the right...

Should I move the ball up some towards the front of my stance? Right now I usually put it a little off center towards the front of my stance. My golfing partner tells me he watched a video that recommends the ball being in front of your stance almost completely.

Thats the only thing I can think of the possibly change. Any other recommendations?

In my opinion when hitting your driver you should set up with the ball in line with the left heel (so as you said, further forward in your stance).

Setting up with the ball nearer the middle of the stance (with a driver) does not give you enough time to square the clubface to the target line.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

In my opinion when hitting your driver you should set up with the ball in line with the left heel (so as you said, further forward in your stance).

Okay... So by moving the ball towards the front of my stance I am allowing the face of the club to square off better??? Thus hopefully creating a straighter shot???

BTW I am going golfing in the morning once I get off work (Night shifter)... I don't have the cash to hit up the driving range so this is gonna be trial and error right out on the course, lol.

It is a swing fault, not a ball position fault. I would say work on your swing. If it is a slice you are bringing the club from too far outside in and if it is a push you are brining the club from to far inside to out. There are other things that would cause this as well, but it goes way to far indepth.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

Which usually results in a draw or hook.....

Depends on other factors though.

Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

try moving the ball forward as you have suggested - helped me a lot.

Swing is 1 factor that can cause shots to go waywards. Ball placement is another, and I find that tee too high = slice and too low = hook

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Hmm, well I'm going to be heading off to the course here in the next hour so I guess I will find out then :D

Let us know, I hope it works for you....

are you pushing it to the right or is it starting straight and slicing right?
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Which usually results in a draw or hook.....

If the ball is in the middle of the stance, the clubface cannot close in time to hit the ball with a square face.

Obviously there are other factors, if you flip your wrists through impact then yes you could close the face of the clubhead in time, leading to a pull or a hook, but that isn't the problem Greg_G is suffering from is it.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

If the ball is in the middle of the stance, the clubface cannot close in time to hit the ball with a square face.

Actually, it would cause an inside/out path and would result in a hook or a push.

Actually, it would cause an inside/out path and would result in a hook or a push.

It may 'promote' an inside to out swing path, however it would not cause one, heck I could put the ball off my back foot and still slice it if i tried.

But when did I bring up swing path? I was talking about the clubface not the plane of the club on the downswing.

It may 'promote' an inside to out swing path, however it would not cause one, heck I could put the ball off my back foot and still slice it if i tried.

The thing is, we don't know if it is a push or a slice, so it could be what he is having a problem with.

The thing is, we don't know if it is a push or a slice, so it could be what he is having a problem with.

He is pushing his drives right, his ball is too far back in his stance, regardless of his swing path all these clues leads to the club face being open in relation to his target and the line of his swing. Putting the ball forward in his stance will help improve this problem.

Why do you keep answering back anyway? to get one up on me, or to make me look silly? either way your coming across as childish

He is pushing his drives right, his ball is too far back in his stance, regardless of his swing path all these clues leads to the club face being open in relation to his target and the line of his swing. Putting the ball forward in his stance will help improve this problem.

Hey no personal attacks please, I am trying to help this guy, he is a high handicapper and probably has swing faults. As you said you can slice the ball if you want if it on your back foot. That is fine and you usually have to promote a swing fault to do that. Whether it is a strong or weak grip, it is still a fault. Most of the time when I see people hitting it right, they have the ball way up on their left foot. I have been in his position before and the only to actually fix it is to fix a portion of his swing. I am surprised you don't see it this way, as it is the only real way to fix a ball flight problem. He does say that he puts the ball off center towards the front of his stance. If he is like me that is right on the left heel, which is just about right. Anyway, I am no pro, but I have been there. Just trying to help the guy out since he asked for opinion

s , not opinion.

Interesting as most people find just the opposite result.

Hmmm...I slice more with a high tee also.

Hey no personal attacks please, I am trying to help this guy, he is a high handicapper and probably has swing faults. As you said you can slice the ball if you want if it on your back foot. That is fine and you usually have to promote a swing fault to do that. Whether it is a strong or weak grip, it is still a fault. Most of the time when I see people hitting it right, they have the ball way up on their left foot. I have been in his position before and the only to actually fix it is to fix a portion of his swing. I am surprised you don't see it this way, as it is the only real way to fix a ball flight problem. He does say that he puts the ball off center towards the front of his stance. If he is like me that is right on the left heel, which is just about right. Anyway, I am no pro, but I have been there. Just trying to help the guy out since he asked for opinion

It's not worth arguing, and we are running the risk of hijacking this thread

I am simply posting advice on what we have been told, you are assuming he has a swing fault (Although this is probable, it's not something we can comment on) however we do know the ball is going right and the ball is played from the middle of his stance, so going on the information available I try to give the best advice.

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!