IGNORED

What do you Say...

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are the wort sayings you've heard for when a playing partner hits a good/Bad shot

Good- B-E-A-U-TIFUL
- At Last ... (from a partner lol)
- Golf Shot(seems a bit wierd
- bingo - someone at my club always says it

Bad - Good strike- most annoying imo, i hate people saying it to me
- D'OH
- assortment of swear words
- "NAME" in a sort of TIger.. fashion made me laugh

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

The thing that rubs me the wrong way is when American commentators say "that was a good play", for some reason this really annoys me, its not a play, its a golf shot!!!

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The thing that rubs me the wrong way is when American commentators say "that was a good play", for some reason this really annoys me, its not a play, its a golf shot!!!

I find I really don't like "that was a golf shot." Of course it was a golf shot. He just hit a golf ball with a golf club.

I also don't like "I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong." Well, you aren't going to figure it out at the course. Trust it at the course, even with a bad shot. Train it at the practice tee.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When people say nice try to me when they have a good outcome from their shot.

Seems like a little rub in.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

When people say nice try to me when they have a good outcome from their shot.

Lol, in match play if your opponent shanks it they won't say a word to you, they won't even blink at you, but if they hit it too a foot its all laughter and jokes, gamesmanship at its most blatant.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

When somebody leaves a putt short, I like the old:

"Short, like your meat...."

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

short putt- "come on alice"
short shot- "fly!" heard that a hundred times playing with someone, it got annoying.
nice long drive, also used in sarcasm- "got all of that one"
stuck a shot right next to the hole- "stony"
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

i usually make a sarcastic remark if im playing with my buddies and they make a bad shot

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

Note: This thread is 5868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!