IGNORED

Stupid CBS

iacas
Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Uhm, need I say more?

D'oh!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Uhm, need I say more?

Yes. What am I missing?

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

ok.......so what's R&A;?

In my bag todayâ¦.

ok.......so what's R&A;?

R&A; is the other governing body of golf. I think USGA covers United States and Mexico, and R&A; covers pretty much everything else.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

ok.......so what's R&A;?

It's wonderful to see how knowledgeable some Sandtrappers are.

Now - if someone can only explain to me what a putter is......

ok.......so what's R&A;?

Royal and Ancient. In 1744 “several Gentlemen of Honour skillful in the ancient and healthfull exercise of Golf” petitioned the Edinburgh city council to provide a silver club for annual competition on the links of Leith. The Society of St. Andrews Golfers, now the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (R&A;), Scotland, was formed in 1754 by a group of 22 golfers who played there. The rules that the society adopted were almost identical to the Edinburgh Gentlemen Golfers' rules. These two clubs played major roles in the development of the game in Scotland. Eventually the R&A; became, by common consent, the oracle on rules. In 1919 it accepted the management of the British Open and Amateur championships. The R&A; thus became the governing body for golf in the British Isles and throughout most of the Commonwealth. SubPar

It's wonderful to see how knowledgeable some Sandtrappers are.

Hmmm, where's the F$%K off smilie when you need it.......

In my bag todayâ¦.

R and A is the ONLY governing body in golf! none of this US crap!
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

• Administrator
Hmmm, where's the F$%K off smilie when you need it.......

It's right next to the "look it up in Google you lazy bum" smilie.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's right next to the "look it up in Google you lazy bum" smilie.

OK, note to self:

So as not to feel like an idiot, run everything by google before posting @ thesandrap to keep from bing embarrassed by those who know more than you do........

In my bag todayâ¦.

Actually, if we ran everything through Google first, we could render this forum useless. Smooth, Erik.

Can you have 3 page discussions with Google now

I thought Google was only a search engine, SandTrap is a bit more than that

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

OK, note to self:

Not at all. If you are going to enter a discussion in a forum it makes sense to have a semblance of what is being discussed. It's like one of those music forums where they're discussing say, The Beatles, and someone chimes in with "Who died?". It's hard to resist making what you might call a smartarsed comment when someone who claims to play the game at a reasonably high level doesn't feel embarrassed to display a complete and utter ignorance of one of the most fundamental historical features of the sport. Feel free to be offended, but I for one am more interested in discussing golfing issues with educated participants rather than defending the egos of those who can't be bothered to inform themselves about the sport.

If someone identifies themself a a "newbie" then it's a pleasure to help share knowledge, opinions and information. Don't take the moral high ground when you haven't got a leg to stand on.

• Administrator
Actually, if we ran everything through Google first, we could render this forum useless. Smooth, Erik.

Hardly. Not only do you not get to share YOUR opinion with a list of search results, but I doubt - for example - there are search results out there detailing how stupid CBS was with the "RNA" bit.

Feel free to be offended, but I for one am more interested in discussing golfing issues with educated participants rather than defending the egos of those who can't be bothered to inform themselves about the sport.

Frankly, my response was simply a bit sarcastic because the guy who couldn't bother to use Google asked about the "**** off" button. I figured if he was gonna be rude to someone else, I could at least point out that he lacked the self-sufficiency to Google "R&A;".

Everyone should lighten up a bit. I wish the guy had used Google, but no big deal. Yeah, it says a bad thing about people that supposedly love the game.

Not at all. If you are going to enter a discussion in a forum it makes sense to have a semblance of what is being discussed. It's like one of those music forums where they're discussing say, The Beatles, and someone chimes in with "Who died?". It's hard to resist making what you might call a smartarsed comment when someone who claims to play the game at a reasonably high level doesn't feel embarrassed to display a complete and utter ignorance of one of the most fundamental historical features of the sport. Feel free to be offended, but I for one am more interested in discussing golfing issues with educated participants rather than defending the egos of those who can't be bothered to inform themselves about the sport.

Yea, I shouldn't have said F$%K off, my bad, I apologize. I've been golfing for 30 years, and have heard of R&A; but it just didn't click for me, then to have someone make me out like I'm some kind of idiot for asking a simple question.....well I'll just stop digging this hole.

In my bag todayâ¦.

• Administrator
well I'll just stop digging this hole.

Yes, let's get back to how stupid CBS is, not how temporarily lazy you were.

Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!