IGNORED

Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Note: This thread is 5069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

MIZUNO, but I am bias. mp33 are pretty nice!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I found this thread!! So I am wondering now, if Mizuno's are so good, why don't more pro's use them? Is it a matter of sponsorship and/or just a preference thing? For all the people in this thread who have Titleist irons and loves them, but think the feel of the Mizuno's are better, why did you choose Titleist instead?

There are about thirty or so pros who are using Mizuno irons on both PGA Tours. However, the number of pros that are sponsored is considerably lower. That speaks volumes when players are using irons they are not getting paid for. Case in point: Todd Hamilton. He's a Taylormade guy and uses Mizuno irons.

As for the difference between the 57 and the 60, the 57 is a full cavity and offers more forgiveness and a larger sweetspot. The 60 is a split cavity, so to speak. It's also smaller in head size and less forgiving.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
Case in point: Todd Hamilton. He's a Taylormade guy and uses Mizuno irons.

He switches frequently. He uses the r7 TP irons the most, but he's also had Adams IDEA irons, Mizunos, and MacGregors in the bag within the past nine months or so.

So yeah, he's all over the place. He's trying to buy (or find) a game, just like the rest of us.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
Mizuno is coming out with a new iron in their MP series:The MP52. It's still in the prototype stage. It has the MB design but in a cavity back and is currently being tested on both the European and PGA Tour.

Pic of the irons can be found, below:

http://www.tourgolfspy.com/wp-conten...zuno-mp-52.jpg

For comparison to the MP 33.

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/images/...s-10-7-06a.jpg

As you can see, similar MB cut but with a cavity back design.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The Mizuno mp52 looks a little like the mp30s

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

I love my MP57's...really hitting em well.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I don't think there's any way you could say one is better than the other. I've spent considerable time hitting both recently and at one point I said it was a toss up. But after hitting a while longer with some different shaft combos I found myself leaning toward the T AP2. The 57 is sweet when hit on the button but my swing doesn't tend to be on the button all the time. I had more good ball strikes yesterday with the AP2 than the Mizuno. But I would not go as far as to say that it's "better", just slightly different. And probably more suited to my swing.

I haven't used a Titleist iron, and I never will. Mizuno got to me first and I am hooked for life. I love my new MP-57's!

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

it's impossible to compare these two irons. They're both different brands and play differently but they're both QUALITY brands and what they produce will be nice for sure.

I've hit the AP2s and the MP-57s and I would honestly lean toward the AP2s. They don't have that butter feeling that the MP-57s get so right, but they instead have that compression *click* that the old Cleveland TA-7s could produce, and that's a whole different way to feel sweet, sweet contact. They're also noticeably longer.

I honestly don't think one is better than another. Still, if you want the smoothest contact around , I do think the Mizuno forged blades are absolutely perfect for that. I know the AP2s would be longer for me by 2-3 yards a club, but I also know that I trust my trajectory with the 67s more than I ever have with anything else, and I know that I can "work" my shots with these clubs. I think they're perfect, but that's not to say that Titleist can't make a perfect club too - I've never hit the new Titleist ZM or ZB blades, which I'm sure are so, so pure.

Can't go wrong.

As an aside, to whoever said the J36s were sweet: I actually agree there too but they, in my hands, didn't transmit the compression feeling as noticeably.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

i've come to LOVE my mizunos. That's not to say that I won't try another iron.
i'm REALLY curious about the AP line. like really curious. like...i want to find a shop when i get to orlando and hit them.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I will have to agree that I am a Titleist fan, but I love the Mizuno's. I really like the MP 32's that I am playing with now. Cannot get enough of the feel when you hit them good. You cannot even really tell that you hit the ball it just feel so natural and good.

I would like to try the new Titleist blades though.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

MIZUNO

mp33 look, feel and play great!

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Both are known as two of the best irons asides from Miura, Epon, etc. Mizuno however, IMO has better feel than Titleist.

P.S: Mizuno MP-52 and MP-62 are coming to replace MP-32 and MP-60, respectively.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

mizuno irons mizuno irons mizuno irons mizuno irons mizuno irons

I like Mizuno Irons

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

I absolutely love my MP-57's!!!

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

MIZUNO

Why did you answer twice?

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Why did you answer twice?

Mizuno must be that good until he has to post twice :)

For me, i would choose Mizuno too :) It's just that good :)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!