IGNORED

Thrash Talk: No-Name Winners on PGA Tour

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are no-name winners good? Will Wes win again?

• No and no!
    • Yes and yes!
    • No and yes.
    • Yes and no.

I didn't catch much of the Michelin Championship this past weekend, but I did see some highlights from the final-round. Anyway, Wes Short Jr. defeated Jim Furyk in a playoff to win his first-ever PGA Tour event. Wes Short who? Exactly.

My Thrash Talk this week focuses on no-name winners on the PGA Tour and some positives and negatives on the subject. Here are a couple questions to get your mind rolling, but be sure to check it out in its entirety.

1. Are no-name winners on the PGA Tour any good for the tour?

2. Will Wes Short Jr. ever win again on the PGA Tour?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As a fan of the sport I always get fired up when someone new wins. While I'll always have certain favorites, a win validates the effort a no-name puts in to make it to the PGA Tour.

1. Are no-name winners on the PGA Tour any good for the tour?

While I think a no-namer winning is great, I don't think that it helps the Tour much. Professional sports thrive on dominant personalities. So if Tiger, Sergio, Phil, or Els won it would be better.

Mmmmm... The odds are not in Wes' favor. Too many good players stand in his way.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

many "stars" (see John Daly) are no-namers to start with.

No.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Note: This thread is 6780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now