IGNORED

why am I afraid of titliest drivers

Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thanks for your tips - i actually have been searching for a diff. ball - have any tips?? i thought the taylormade tp reds felt a little funky - maybe the prov1's?? or maybe the bridgestone e5's?? any thoughts??

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

thanks for your tips - i actually have been searching for a diff. ball - have any tips?? i thought the taylormade tp reds felt a little funky - maybe the prov1's?? or maybe the bridgestone e5's?? any thoughts??

It depends on how you want to play. I play a lot of hilly courses and courses that contain anywhere between three and six holes where the tee box is above the green and fairway. Therefore, I'm more interested in flight than run and the perfect ball for me is the DT Carry. It does not run much and is perfect off the irons: nice and high with a soft landing. It's also not a high spinning ball so I get good distance. The lower spin gives me ideal launch angles and spin rate. For me, the my top 5 balls are: 1) DT Carry 2) Hogan Hawk-A tremendous ball, too. 3) Precept Laddie Extreme 4) DT Solo 5) Bridgestone E5 If you're willing to do some shopping, I suggest Ebay and rockbottomgolf. You can get all these balls, near new condition, for the fraction of the price. If you ever want to play a round of golf, let me know.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

hi thanks - I have been toying with trying the e-5 - i like balls with lower driver spin but some bite for the greens but I like to allow the ball to release to the hole- at my level i rarely suck them back. so maybe I will try the e5
i would love to play a round of golf with ya some time - can i take the train from manhattan up there?

In my bag:

hi thanks - I have been toying with trying the e-5 - i like balls with lower driver spin but some bite for the greens but I like to allow the ball to release to the hole- at my level i rarely suck them back. so maybe I will try the e5

Absolutely. Additionally, we could play SR or Pelham. Both were in good shape when I was there, last week.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

great - lets chat next week and figure out a time. weekdays work good for me - but lets see what we can work out
cheers
Drew

In my bag:

I'm in know way a single handycapper, all it took for me was to just try a titleist 755, I had no idea these clubs were made for better players I just bought what felt good. After I bought the 755 I decided to try the 907d2 well look what happened After I got started it was to hard to quit

I love my 907d2 stiff shaft 11.5 degree

http://i30.tinypic.com/e8lw89.jpg

p.s. repainting house

CPM is what determines flex in a driver. Based on the data, the fitter can optimize this for you.

OK, you just won today's "Stump The Old Guy" contest.

What does CPM stand for?

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

OK, you just won today's "Stump The Old Guy" contest.

Cycles Per Minute.

Has to do with the resonant frequency of the shaft, or something of that matter.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I just got back from the range. I am changed man for the better. I have never hit a driver so accurate. this titliest 907 D2 driver is awesome. I had a graphite design Y-6 stiff shaft installed and I hit it so well and it sounds and feels terrific. Way better to me then my R-7 and FT-5. My ball flight was mostly straight with either a slight fade (open stance) or draw (more closed. and the best part is I can really swing at it and and the misses werent so magnified as with the regular shafted drivers. also - I am so happy to have a square clubface - I just seem to hit the ball better!

In my bag:

Out of all the drivers I've played in my golf career I have to be honest and say Titleist drivers have been the most played/tried. The ONE thing I can tell most people what the difference is that with their drivers you don't get penalized that bad with bad shots..they're not going to spray all ove the place..I've noticed they're either pulls or pushes..I've never had a "banana" slice or hook..something to consider.

I love Titleist woods. I've got an old LFE and now have the 905 T and R. I play the T. Bigger and newer isn't always better for your game.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

and after some of my recent experience with different shafts i would say its even more important to get a good shaft that fits your swing than what driver you get... is that crazy? i think not.

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

i love the 907 d2 great club and really forgiving and workable nice traditional headshape

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!