IGNORED

Spin

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys - I just had a question about how to spin the ball back. It seems that no matter how much I try, I just can't do it. Right now I play Vokey Spin Milled Wedges, and Mizuno MP30's with Noodles. I can stop a full shot on a dime with any club (including long irons). I was wondering if there is some magical technique I need to use. Is it my equipment? I am a consistent ball striker that can hit a 9 Iron 145 yds. I feel like my swing may be to shallow. Any advice will be welcomed.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

If you're not hitting the ball past your targets I wouldnt really worry about spinning the ball backwards..I find it to be overrated. A one hop and stop (IMO) is what most golfers should be looking for with their scoring irons.

But if you're using noodles, it isnt going to work. The only balls ive ever spun backwards more than 1 or 2 yards are prov1's and Nike one platinums.

The conditions of the green also have a lot to do with it, too. Its probably easiest to do it after the course had a nice overnight soak. I dont think there is a magical technique to it, either. You do have to be aggressive through impact, but noting out of the ordinary. Just hit the ball before the ground and it will travel up the face a little bit, and impart more spin.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Play the wedge an inch back off center,and make sure your hitting down on it and taking a nice divot,the more power you put into it the more spin will be generated.But make sure you carry the ball beyond the pin.I've often landed 2 to 3 foot short of it and spun 20ft back on fast greens.Firm greens won't give you much spin if any.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!