IGNORED

My Swing (tarheelsfan)

tarheelsfan
Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seems real solid... good posture, nice take away, and great follow through, I don't see anything wrong besides your reaction to it... how did it end up?

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

It hit a powerline. lol

In my freestyle
DRIVER FT-3 Neutral; Pro Force V2
WOODS MP 50 15*; Aldila NV
IRONS CG Red; Rifle Project X 6.0
WEDGES Spin Milled Oil Can 54*, 60* 64* Mac Daddy Grooves; Rifle SpinnerPUTTER iSeries 1/2 Craze; 32"BALL B-330 S

Any reccomendations at all? Anything useful is appreciated

In my freestyle
WEDGES Spin Milled Oil Can 54*, 60* 64* Mac Daddy Grooves; Rifle SpinnerPUTTER iSeries 1/2 Craze; 32"BALL B-330 S

its a sh%tty video and if my advice is: if you want people to evaluate your swing, make a decent video. do not use a cell phone camera

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

its a sh%tty video and if my advice is: if you want people to evaluate your swing, make a decent video. do not use a cell phone camera

dude, chill out.

Your swing is good man. The one thing i noticed is that on your transition from the top of the backswing to the followthrough, you lunge at the ball a little bit. I do this sometimes too and it can really mess up ball flight, especially when the lunging affects my wrist angle. So just be careful of that. Nice swing
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Still seems solid to me... maybe fix your stance a little, but I can't really tell from the angle.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Any reccomendations at all? Anything useful is appreciated

I tried to download your swing clip to look at it in slow motion a few days ago, but after getting annoyed by the photobucket website you uploaded to I grew tired of trying to grab it.

From looking at it in the link you posted I'd say work on your stability and alignment. During the backswing your back leg straightens and you loose your balance and posture. At address you look to have your body (shoulders, hips, knees, and feet) aligned out to the right (don't know where your intended target is in that video). That off alignment may effect the way your body moves and your arms swing.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

thought back leg was supposed to be straight.. at least according to tigers swing just from me looking at it.. could be wrong tho

In my freestyle

thought back leg was supposed to be straight.. at least according to tigers swing just from me looking at it.. could be wrong tho

You want to maintain balance, keep your weight shift inside the back foot, and maintain your height (maintain posture) all of which will help promote consistency. In addition straightening the back leg can lead to over rotation of the shoulders and hips, the arms to swing past parallel, the body to reverse pivot as well as reducing the ability to coil the upper body over the lower body, to store power, and to have a recoil to start the downswing. Those are just a few of the reasons it is a good idea to maintain your knee flex.

Woods may straighten his back leg (which is one of the many reasons he is an inaccurate driver), but the straight back leg is a rarity. Your better off looking at what the majority of pros do as opposed to what a small few have occur. Some pros have odd moves and compensations that you don't see out of the majority of pros, and you'd do well to avoid those moves and positions if possible. For example looping like Jim Furyk, swinging past parallel like John Daly, and raising up the front heel like Phil Mickelson are all moves that require timing and compensations to make solid contact. Look at the picture of the pros below. We don't see a huge gap between the legs and lots of day light at the top of the swing like we see in your swing clip. http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4...ofswingys6.jpg

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Regarding the back leg, I've always been under the impression that you need to maintain flex in the back knee.

I've come to the conclusion that Tiger's swing is a bad swing to try to model your after. It's basically impossible to get into some of the positions that he gets in. Dude is flexible like gumby...most of us amateurs are not.

Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!