IGNORED

Noodle Ice

Note: This thread is 6753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anybody else heard of these new Noodle balls, the Noodle Ice? The cover of the ball is transparent which obviously allows you to see the core (which is either lime, lemon, tangerine and raspberry in color). Sounds like a cool gimmick ball. I think I would at least try them, but I don't like the idea of using a color ball. Here is the press release about them:

The Noodle Ice The Noodle Ice is engineered to deliver the classic long-and-soft performance that Noodle balls are known for. However, Noodle Ice incorporates two compelling cosmetic elements that are designed to enhance the way it looks, increase visibility, and to increase appeal to a broader audience. First, the cover of the Noodle Ice is transparent, allowing the core beneath to clearly show through. The cover, which resembles a thin, sleek layer of ice, is what gives the ball its name. Second, the core is colored, which gives the ball a distinctive and attractive look. Four high-optic colors are available: lime, lemon, tangerine and raspberry. Not only does the transparent cover and colored core give Noodle Ice a striking in appearance, many golfers should also find the high-optic colors easier to focus on at address, and easier to see in flight. Thus Noodle Ice can, for some players, promote better and more solid contact, and be easier to track and find on the golf course. "As always, every member of the Noodle family is engineered to work for all types of swing speeds," says Dean Snell, senior director of research and development for golf balls. "That means that an extremely broad variety of players can reap the performance advantages of each one, whether they seek a ball that balances feel, distance and spin like the Long and Soft Noodle, a ball that combines added distance with great feel like the Longest Noodle, a ball that blends great distance, great feel and added spin like the Softest Noodle, or a ball that offers high optic color and a distinctive look, as the Noodle Ice does. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $20 per dozen. Availability will begin at TaylorMade's retail partners starting in November 2005.

• Administrator
Has anybody else heard of these new Noodle balls, the Noodle Ice? The cover of the ball is transparent which obviously allows you to see the core (which is either lime, lemon, tangerine and raspberry in color). Sounds like a cool gimmick ball. I think I would at least try them, but I don't like the idea of using a color ball. Here is the press release about them:

Yeah, I've heard of them. They're just going after the same market (almost like novelty golf) that the Crystal balls have done so well (relatively speaking, of course) in. You can get "white" crystals, too, and white Noodles I would presume.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ilike the regular noodle balls. They also have a rotini version with more spin...
Now that they are making "crystals" I might have to look elsewhere. I'd be
embrassed to tee one up... I'm not that secure in my manhood!
Gee could we get smelly balls or edible balls next?
Sounds like something to buy at a Gag Giftshop... Who thinks these things up?

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

Note: This thread is 6753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!