IGNORED

Crazy Inconsistency

JimmyDoesGolf
Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Went down yesterday for some practice and decided to play a couple of holes. Earlier in the week in a tournament I had quadruple bogied the 1st and double bogeyed the 2nd, but yesterday I got a par and a bogey on the same two holes.

I believe it could be down to pressure, as when I was playing earlier in the week it was in a tournament situation.

Anyone got any tips on how to deal with pressure?

Cheers,
James

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Hi all,

Give up having expectations for yourself.

Do that before you leave the house. Pick a target and concentrate on that. Make the best swing you can make and select a shot you know you can hit . Don't force shots you think you should be able to hit or the shot you think your favorite pro would hit. (Feel free to make all of your four footers like the pro but don't get down on yourself if you don't)

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I would say first off it wasnt because of the pressure. Get used to having good holes and bad holes, good rounds bad rounds without any reason for it. Man That's just golf. Like the last poster said. try to work on your swing to make it consistant and try to make the shot you know you can do and not always trying the "going for it shot". That will make your game more consistant.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

I have random double bogeys, and I'm off 5, so what do you expect off 28 (not trying to be harsh)

Just remember that off your handicap you have a lot of shots to play with, a couple of pars more than make up for a double bogey.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!