IGNORED

Birdwood Golf Course - Charlottesville

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be moving my daughter to Charlottesville, Virginia in August. She is attending UVA Law School. I anticipate having some down time while she and her mom are setting up the new apartment. My plan is to play a round or two at Birdwood. Anyone belong and want to show me around the course?

first of all....go wahoos!.....secondly, i live in richmond, go to all uva football and basketball games (as well as lax and baseball occasionally) and for some reason i have never played birdwood. my friends rave over it, so if you play it i know you'll like it....and also they all say it's very difficult

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

My daughter will be a 3rd year this year at UVa - we live just the other side of the mountain in Waynesboro. My dad was visiting a few years ago and called to find out about playing. Believe that if you have a connection with UVa you can get a tee time (a child in Law School would certainly qualify). I'd give them a call and see if that is still their policy.

I have never played there - unfortunately I don't get to play as much as I'd like - but have heard it is a nice layout. You can see part of it from Hwy 250 which I drive often and it looks nice.

Another course that I have played and would recommend is Old Trail - it is just down the road in Crozet.

i would also highly recommend spring creek.......golf digest wrote a full article on it....i haven't gotten out there yet but it's supposed to be the best public course in VA
http://www.springcreekgolfclub.com/?page=3836

and yes those are pics of birdwood

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

I will be moving my daughter to Charlottesville, Virginia in August. She is attending UVA Law School. I anticipate having some down time while she and her mom are setting up the new apartment. My plan is to play a round or two at Birdwood. Anyone belong and want to show me around the course?

Ah Birdwood. I'm a '99 grad of UVa Med but I didn't begin playing until a year or so after I left C'Ville. I had some buddies who went to the Law School on the North Grounds and they loved Birdwood, especially as 3L's thats all they'd talk about at the bar (well it seemed like that at times)!

I went to Cornell as an undergrad and lived in the North Campus townhomes which were less than 100 yds from the campus golf course ... the opportunities I wasted keb, congrats on your daughter's admission. The Law School is in the "top 10" I believe. Presuming she follows the paths of many Law School alumni, she will be able to get you some nice Fathers Day gifts in a few years!

• 1 month later...
Plan is to be in Charlottesville beginning the week of July22. Any further thoughts on Birdwood or other courses in Charlottesville?

I am currently a 3rd year at the university, I am a division one wrestler and I love to play golf on the weekends at Birdwood. It is a great place to play very beautiful. You will enjoy it. And yes that second picture is on the back 9, it is a par 5. I forget what hole it is exactly but it was fun, I birdied it ha :) . Have fun.
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!