IGNORED

Found some form!

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We had a week off this week. I played quite a bit of golf, and had a Junior Open on thursday. Played well but was unlucky, didnt score well. However before this i had been chopping it around. So much so i had gone back up to 9 from 8.3.

Anyway, we had a better-ball match against Faversham Golf Club, i talked to my pro and he told me to turn every hole into a par 3. (because iron play is my strongest point.) so I only hit Driver 3 Times.

Anyway after 7 holes i was 2 under par and my partner off 10 was level. We were 4 Under beterball and 6 UP!!

Anyway i am recomending that you really think a bout whether you need to hit driver, as it really puts you in S*** sometimes. I hit the ball quite far so only needed to hit driver on our 430/420 and one of the par 5's.

It can help you gain some confidence, while you work on your driving.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

We had a week off this week. I played quite a bit of golf, and had a Junior Open on thursday. Played well but was unlucky, didnt score well. However before this i had been chopping it around. So much so i had gone back up to 9 from 8.3.

But if you hit your driver 280 and usually hit 10 fairways, should I go to your idea? No.

If that helps you, it probably will screw up someone else. Just play how you want, if you want a longer iron into a green, hit an iron off the tee. A lot of people can't hit their long irons, so this would put them at a disadvantage.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

But if you hit your driver 280 and usually hit 10 fairways, should I go to your idea? No.

I'm just a beginner, so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much...

However, I stopped carrying my driver. Every time I tried to hit it, I'd end up in trouble somewhere. Instead of my driver, I just use my 3 wood or 5 iron. I can hit those comfortably and reasonably straight, so that's what I go with. Sure, it means that sometimes I don't get the distance other's do off the long par 5's, but as long as I stay straight, I really don't care. Obviously, you are a much lower handicap than I, but if it works for you then I guess its a good thing. It works for me, so I'm going to keep doing it.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

What open was it mate?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

That wasn't what he meant mate, no need to be an ass about it he was only giving advice

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The best advice I heard was actually while watching a dvd that came with my medicus. The guy said that when you are on the tee, hit what you hit best. It may not be your driver. It might be your 3 wood or a 3 iron.

I'm just a beginner, so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much...

I am in the same boat as you. I can hit my wood better than my driver but am only losing 20 yards or so. I am not a very long hitter, sometimes I will hit a sweet shot but for the most part, not very long.

Thats a good tactic, although only in a time when your driver isn't working for you. Its great how a good 4-6 Iron off the tee can still leave you with a short distance, but Is even better when you only have a 100 or so to the green instead of 150-175, for me, 100 & 150 is a huge difference.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

What open was it mate?

It was Sene Valley, i played alright but shot 83, got two shot penalty for playing wrong ball, which screwed my round and i sort of gave up a little bit.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

It was Sene Valley, i played alright but shot 83, got two shot penalty for playing wrong ball, which screwed my round and i sort of gave up a little bit.

Ahh sh*t... unlucky mate that happend to me in the Birchwood junior open earlier this year.... someone left a pro - v down the middle of a fairway lol

Note: This thread is 5828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!