IGNORED

Videos of my swing - any input is welcome

Note: This thread is 5819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I uploaded a couple videos to swingacademy - I'd really appreciate any advice on my swing. I tend to slice with a driver, and I can't seem to judge where I'm aiming with an iron. Consistently hitting the sweet spot on these old musclebacks is a problem as well.
If this is not the best way to post the video please let me know.

http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1006

http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1007

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

I think that if you are looking for any kind of constructive feedback you should try to get a video of you actually hitting a ball. Since the swing seems to change considerably when we place that little white ball in front of us.

Good point. That little white ball can definitely give me fits :)
I'll try to make a video at the range - did this quickly at lunch and don't have a net or anything at my house. However, even without a ball that is my swing and I was hoping someone might see things I don't.

In my Warbird Hot:

I uploaded a couple videos to swingacademy - I'd really appreciate any advice on my swing. I tend to slice with a driver, and I can't seem to judge where I'm aiming with an iron. Consistently hitting the sweet spot on these old musclebacks is a problem as well.

On the wood swing, it seems like you are sliding ahead of the ball but I can't watch it in slo-mo so...it just looks like that. Maybe it seems that way because (if that's a driver) the club is in the middle of your stance. Move it up where you can hit it on the upswing. That's where your swing is taking the clubhead anyway.

On both swings, you stand up almost straight on your backswing. The iron swing is more pronounced. Look at how far above the fence your head is at the top of your backswing. Get in a comfortable spine angle and stay there until the ball is gone. Then you can come up in a high finish. When you are steep coming into the ball, it's gonna go right almost always. The first thing I noticed when the iron swing was still is the club face is dead open. It actually points behind the camera. The next thing I noticed is that the bottom of your swing occurs almost a foot in front of where you had the club at address. Nutshell version: Playing the ball too far back Standing up on backswing instead of turning left shoulder under chin You look athletic and the rhythm is fine. Try taking some practice swings without grounding the club. Make contact with the ground. Those little marks you leave will give you an idea of where the ball needs to be when you start.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Excellent comments, thank you! I never noticed I was straightening my spine angle on the backswing.

I agree it does look like the ball is in the middle of my stance, but it is closer to my left foot than it looks. As far as the clubface being open at address, I never noticed that either. I really have a hard time deciding where to put it. Oh and you can use the slider to take the video frame by frame.
On the wood swing, it seems like you are sliding ahead of the ball but I can't watch it in slo-mo so...it just looks like that. Maybe it seems that way because (if that's a driver) the club is in the middle of your stance. Move it up where you can hit it on the upswing. That's where your swing is taking the clubhead anyway.

In my Warbird Hot:

Excellent comments, thank you! I never noticed I was straightening my spine angle on the backswing.

I used the slider. You are a little ahead of the ball about half way down but not so far that it's a bad thing.

I saw this: casting Your wrists are uncocked and the club is pointing at the ground behind you when you are halfway down - i.e., when your hands are at belt level. The club needs to be still pointing at a spot above your waist when your hands are waist high. That's the stored energy you release at impact. (The slider button is just about centered over the left turtles neck in this frame - in the next frame your club is already past the ball - that's just frames per second) Try the "ring the bell" drill: swing to the top and then start down by feeling as if your left hand is trying to pull the rope in a church bell to the right and down. You can not do that without a fist and a cocked wrist. If your elbow bends a little, you are getting the point.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I noticed that at the top of your backswing you release the club too early. You almost un-cock your wrists. Instead try to hold it off and keep the butt of the club pointing down almost as if you are pulling a string.

Great tips! I'm going to try the string pull theory!

In my Warbird Hot:

I provided an analysis of your iron swing (1007) on the SwingAcademy website. What was written about your iron swing should also hold true with your driver swing as well (except for ball position which looks like it might be in a better position with the driver). A video from behind you (pointing down the target line) with the camera at belt buckle high and half way between your feet and the ball may provide more insight on your aim, alignment, and slice issues. (Some of which may be improved by the face on analysis already provided).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Excellent analysis and comments, Avid Golfer! Thanks so much. I've read over what you had to say but I'll have to read it again to absorb the info. Thanks!

I provided an analysis of your iron swing (1007) on the SwingAcademy website. What was written about your iron swing should also hold true with your driver swing as well (except for ball position which looks like it might be in a better position with the driver). A video from behind you (pointing down the target line) with the camera at belt buckle high and half way between your feet and the ball may provide more insight on your aim, alignment, and slice issues. (Some of which may be improved by the face on analysis already provided).

In my Warbird Hot:

Note: This thread is 5819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!