IGNORED

putting drills

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for some more putting drills currently I bang x amount in from one club length then move to two ect or lay 18 balls out in a circle at one club length .I would like to know of some more drills that work for you to improve my putting

look forward to reading them

one thing about going the extra mile there,s never a lot of traffic

what,s in the bag

driver: F speed LD 9 aldila NV stiff3 woodF speed LD 15 adila nv regularutility baffler 20 adila hl65 regularirons x-12 4 to pw rch99 firmwedges x18 forged 52 56&60putter im-01

I'm not a good putter, but one thing that has helped me see some slow improvement is the same thing many instructors recommend for any other shot. I line up my put, get a feel for the speed with a few practice strokes, then line the ball up with a spot a few inches in front in the direction I want to start the ball path. It's helped me limit those 1-2 inche misses to the side.

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver - MX560 10.5 stiff
Hybrid Tour Edge rescue 18 degree
Irons - Knife 3-PW
Wedge - SV Tour 58 deg.Putter - Harmonized 425 Soft TouchBall - e6+or Feel

Hey Puggy:

If you know the range of putts you miss regularly, it's easier to practice to improve. For example, you might miss 2-5 putts in the 3-5' range over an 18 hole round. This was my case.

My practice involves 3 balls from all 4 sides of a hole alternating 2', 3, and 5' putts. I make all 3 balls at each 'station' before I move on. Really helps confidence during the round that I've 'been there and done that' which helps them to go in when you need them to go in.

From there, I work on longer putts, always trying for that 'inside 3' range' lag. Reducing 3-putt greens is a great way to reduce overall score as we all know.

Then, I'll take stock of my short game to see what distance range I'm leaving those off-green shots. For me (sadly) it's usually 5-10'. Then, practice a bunch of 10' putts and try to get the make range somewhere close to 50%. However, this usually doesn't transfer well to the course! Up and downs on regular basis is something I'm trying to get better at.

Good luck.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thanks dave I like the sound of your drill I will try it latter in the week . Like you its 3 - 5 I have a problem with I am a 0 h/c tee to green and 18 + on the green so I just have to be diligent and practice

one thing about going the extra mile there,s never a lot of traffic

what,s in the bag

driver: F speed LD 9 aldila NV stiff3 woodF speed LD 15 adila nv regularutility baffler 20 adila hl65 regularirons x-12 4 to pw rch99 firmwedges x18 forged 52 56&60putter im-01

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!