IGNORED

almost got kicked off a golf course today

doublesuited77
Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i agree with you^^^, its only a game to be honest, not worth taking a chunk out of the green. You cannot guarentee not to take a divot, in the end your flop shot would of saved you a maximum of one shot, possibly none.

Would you delibrately hit all their range balls into the bund, just so you can practice your "POWER FADE".

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

The other thing to consider is hole locations, especially with hourglass shaped type greens or on the concave side of one. If there is a wide area of the green that is useable for hole locations but accessible to all areas of the green than more appropriate locations should be used. That is the job of course maintenance to be fair when doing so. However unless I was on a career round or in some sort of tournament and I _truly_ felt a chip or short pitch was the better shot I would do it. Otherwise (95+%), I would have tried to find a way to two putt it. A pic would be helpful of the green though.

Got any links? I've never heard of this.

It was at a Peter Jacobson charity event. John Feinstein references it several times in

A Good Walk Spoiled .

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

It was at a Peter Jacobson charity event. John Feinstein references it several times in

here's a link from daly's book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=0PY...f8=en#PPA71,M1

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

since I just moved I am looking for new courses in my area. the 8th hole on the course i played this morning has an hour glass green with the pin tucked in the front right. I caught my approach thin and ended up on the back right part of the green.

I am going to echo the major sentiment of the responses and say that you shouldn't have flopped it unless it was a tournament. I will say it because you admitted you hit a poor shot into the green, and if having to take an extra putt because of a bad shot is the penalty so be it.

Regardless of whether or not you pulled off the shot (what was the end result of the hole?) If you thinned the approach shot which left you in this predicament, who is to say you wouldn't chunk the flop shot?

I probably wouldn't have considered anything other than a putt from the green under any circumstances due to the respect that I have for my club and my interest in keeping it in top shape. This is the same reason that I sand divots in the fairway and fix ballmarks on the green; however, I think the OP was within his rights under the existing rules to hit that shot. I think that the club should create a local rule that would make it a penalty to hit any club other than putter from the putting surface (or something to that extent). In doing that, they should also offer a point of free relief off the putting surface for those situations when a chip is required.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

I am going to echo the major sentiment of the responses and say that you shouldn't have flopped it unless it was a tournament. I will say it because you admitted you hit a poor shot into the green, and if having to take an extra putt because of a bad shot is the penalty so be it.

While I probably would have followed your advice, it still begs the question, if they didn't want this kind of play, why did they build the green as they did? Why did they choose that pin position? And more importantly, why did they build the course? Was it for tournaments, or was it for normal people to play golf? If the course is for normal people, then an hourglass green is an open invitation to play the ball as you deem necessary, tournament or not.

I wouldn't have hit that shot because I'm non-confrontational. But it's the management's fault, and the guy was wrong to chew the OP out.

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!