IGNORED

My Driver Swing - Please Critique

Dent
Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Where are your misses usually with your driver? Do you tend to push it to the right ever?

I used to slice alot, but now If I do mishit it, its always a large hook. Or sometimes a slight hook.

I completely agree with most of you. Although I do not agree with having the same swing for all shots (sorry)
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Theres that front knee bending in again Dent just like me with my 3i & 4i.

Btw that was at rossmere right?

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Theres that front knee bending in again Dent just like me with my 3i & 4i.

Yep last year, Swing looks about the same as this year right?

In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

To an extent, this year i can see much more power behind your swing and it shows well on your course, perhaps why you may have some controlling issues with hooking then slicing on the next hole. And as for that front knee bending in you don't do that anymore, but the hip action is still to much.

I gotta get my swing up on here, but i wanna wait till i get the new driver since thats gunna be soon anyways, considering the driver i have isn't suited for my swing style.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

The driver swing looks straight, but not far. However, your iron swings seem to look very nice.

Thank you, I really actually do hit a decent number, but I guess I can say I lack consistency. If i hit it straight, I guess it really doesn't matter what my swing looks like.

I usually Drive around 250-260 with some of my drives maybe 2 a round getting to the 280 marker. (according to stakes on the fairway anyways) I am amazed how you guys notice How i feel tense during my swing and lack of confidence, because its true. Sometimes i really don't feel comfortable with my swing. Maybe the look of it, or the feel, I really don't like reaching out so far, but I do what I gotta do to hit it straight.
In My Bag

I have been trying a few things with my driver swing lately, and I reach similarly to you. I haven't done a video-analysis of my own swing (but I intend to as soon as possible), but from what I can tell, our ball position and distance from the ball is identical, but the differences lie in the fact that I bend my right arm, cock my wrists a tad more, and my stance is narrower. I can't say anything about my hand position at impact or hips because I would need video to be sure.

Why I'm saying this is that I played a round today and hit 2 drives at about 295 and 300 and the rest were all between 240 and 260 (my average drive is about 230 usually, I'm not a long hitter), and I hit every fairway but one, hitting it straight every time. I know there are things wrong with my swing, but what I have found is working for me right now, so if what you have is working for you, I'd stick with that unless you have the time and money and drive to work with a swing coach. We forumites can only offer so much advice without being able to be with you and extensively analyze every little thing.

Driver: Big Ben C-S3
3w: Tight Lies
Irons: T-Zoid True
Wedges: Vokey 56* and 60* spin-milled
Putter: unknown 3-ballBall: HX-Tour/Tour ix

do u really shoot in the high 70's/low 80's? with that driver swing, i wouldn't believe it.

You wouldn't want his stance any wider than that at all!

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Please help me out! I usually hit the ball straight. As you can see I dont bend my elbows at all, I feel this helps me ensure a square club face when I hit the ball.

When you say you don't bend your elbows at all, do you mean at address? Are you flattening your wrists (reaching out with the club head) at address? If so, are you hitting the ball high?

If you are flattening your wrists to reach for the ball at address, I would expect that your hands would end up even with the ball at impact instead of in front of the ball (it's hard to tell from the video). That would probably hit the ball higher, which is not always bad, but it also might slow down your club head speed through impact. I don't know for certain that it would result in shorter drives, but I do know that flattening the wrists at address is not typically recommended.

When you say you don't bend your elbows at all, do you mean at address? Are you flattening your wrists (reaching out with the club head) at address? If so, are you hitting the ball high?

It feels like I don't bend my elbows at all throught the whole swing, Your right though, I really do reach out, I must be flatening my wrists, and Yes, my ball does go typically high, but a good distance. Its not ballooning high, but almost as if I'm hitting with a 10.5* Driver.

In My Bag

I'm no expert Dent, but you have a really good looking swing. The setup however seems really tight (uncomfortable). Your stance is really wide which is probably a cause of lack of power. Hard to get your hips around without getting on your toes (which you do). So you are almost jumping at the point of impact.

Just my observation.

I'm no expert Dent, but you have a really good looking swing. The setup however seems really tight (uncomfortable). Your stance is really wide which is probably a cause of lack of power. Hard to get your hips around without getting on your toes (which you do). So you are almost jumping at the point of impact.

Thanks! I notice alot of the comments have been about stance and hip rotation. I will definatly work on those two things. I think I'm going to totally revamp my driver swing.

In My Bag

It's kinda hard to see in the video so forgive me if I'm wrong. I notice:

Wide stance is good. Most people take too narrow of a stance.

Right knee sags to the right, keep it in the same position it is in at address.

Weight stays on the heel of the left foot on the back swing. It should roll to the inside ball of the foot - it's okay to let your heel rise an inch or two.

Right elbow raises. Keep it pointed to the ground. You are sacrificing power because of this.

Left foot is squared. Should be turned a quarter of a turn (22 degrees) to the left. Otherwise, you sacrifice power and balance.

I couldn't beleive it. My mom saw my video on swing academy and pointed out all the things I was doing wrong with looking at the swing about 5 times.. Almost the exact same things you guys were saying.

I was impressed. You know something is wrong with your swing when your mom who barely golfs can point out all the flaws.
In My Bag

haha! mom is always right, isnt she?
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

haha! mom is always right, isnt she?

They certainly are

In My Bag

My only input is you gotta work on that hat. Pull it down a little further over your forehead. You've got it all kicked back like we used to wear it when I was 12 in the 80's.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!