IGNORED

My Driver Swing - Please Critique

Dent
Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My only input is you gotta work on that hat. Pull it down a little further over your forehead. You've got it all kicked back like we used to wear it when I was 12 in the 80's.

Aha I have a small head, it may just look like that

UPDATE: Went golfing yesterday and used the driver only a little bit. Continued with my normal swing which lead me nowhere. Hooking everything now. On the 16th hole I decided to take a smaller stance, hinge my wrists a little more, bend the elbows and keep my arms closer to my body. I wasn't reaching out as more either. It felt so comfortable, Drive went dead straight down the middle. Blasted off the club face, felt like the best drive I've ever had in a long time. When I get out to the range and finally master this, I'll show you all the improvements.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Dear Dent

I would say that you need to change your wrist position at address as it is too cupped on both your driver and iron swing. The swing that you use for irons and woods should be no different. The iron shaft and your arm should form a 'straight line' at adrdress- this helps to produce good solid ball striking.

Secondly, you need to change your ball position, move it slightly further back, which should in turn help to promote a better wrist position.

Thirdly, in my view, there is too much lateral movement after impact with your upper body swaying all over the place. I would suggest that you widen your stance and try to improve your posture - ie- bend your knees more, and keep a straight spine angle at address, with your head behind the ball (like you already do).

Additionally, try hitting balls with no shoes on at the range to help with your control and balance.

Overall, though, the swing is not that bad, but an improvement could be made with better fundamentals. I have seen worse techniques on tour

Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!