IGNORED

Nike one platinum vs black

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im going to give the nike one ball a try but not sure which to try. Looking at the nikegolf site it seems the platinum has a better feel and the black a little more distance.
Just looking for some feedback from someone who has used them both?
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Platinum.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I have tried both. I actually did not care for the feel of either one, but then again, what do I know. The Platinum is definately softer or so it seemed

How are they compared to the V1's?
Similar?

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I usually play only the platinum. The blacks are maybe slightly longer off the tee, but they are slightly firmer so you lose some of that feel and spin factor. I especially like the platinum from 100 yrds in and putting. I'm willing to give up a couple of yards on the tee for the control in the short game.

I've used the ProV1 and the V1X, and both new Taylormade TP versions and still came back to the platinum simply because of the feel factor.

I am curious to try the new Callaway I (not the Ix) however, it's due to hit retail pretty soon now.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

The platinum is softer and spins more. Tiger told the Nike folks to give him a ball that spins as much as possible and he will worry about taking the spin off it.
The black is too firm feeling for me and is comparable to pro V x

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

They go no where. They spin nicely but I don't get much run on my drives, not a fan of them.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i love them. if you're swinging around 105 - 110, then you can consistently use the platinum. it's like the difference b/t prov1 and prov1x.

I've used both black and platinum. the 2008 models are UNBELIEVABLE. I like the way they play compared to this year's prov1 models.

I swing around 105 - 114 (at my fastest it's been 114) and I'll get a great crack out of the platinum..but I prefer black so I don't have to try to swing that fast all the time....besides i'm happier 260 - 280 down the center all day instead of trying to crank it and i'm 290 off to the right.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

i love them. if you're swinging around 105 - 110, then you can consistently use the platinum. it's like the difference b/t prov1 and prov1x.

Sounds just like me with the platinums. Except when I really crank it I tend to draw left. I love the new 08 platinums.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

Just so the OP knows, Tiger Woods is *not* using a Nike ball..... You heard it first here, he plays..... a Bridgestone ball.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Just so the OP knows, Tiger Woods is *not* using a Nike ball..... You heard it first here, he plays..... a Bridgestone ball.

In the playoff today you could clearly see the Nike logo. What are you talking about?

5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

In the playoff today you could clearly see the Nike logo. What are you talking about?

The ball is stamped with a Nike logo, but the ball itself is not developed by Nike.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

That's not far fetched, doesn't Bridgestone make the Nike balls?

That's not far fetched, doesn't

I couldn't tell you that mate, don't know And I never said it was far fetched, its widely accepted that the top pro's clubs are only stamped with their sponsors logo and are in fact made by other companies. On the same note I have heard that Tigers irons are also Bridgestone, which would make sense as Bridgestone share the same factory as Miura, who I always assumed developed Tigers irons for him.

When we went to go see Tiger in Orlando at his Nike day event, he was very honest about the Nike balls. He said that he DOES INDEED PLAY THE 08 NIKE BLACK! Your info might be a little old. He said the 08 ball is the best he has ever used. He went on to say that previous years balls were not quite soft enough for him.

They are decent balls. They are Nike's response to the Pro-V1s. The Black is like the Pro-V1X and the platinum is like the Pro-V1. Not quite as responsive around the green as the pro-v (platinum) but still soft. The Nike One Black is a bit hard for my liking. The Taylor Made TP Red and TP Black feel almost identical to the One Platinum and the One Black.

Nike One Black is a good ball. Cuts through the wind like a jet. You have to see it to believe how well it performs into the wind.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

When we went to go see Tiger in Orlando at his

Need I highlight more? Would you expect Tiger too say "well honestly the Nike balls are a bit pants, so I use Bridgestone"?

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!