IGNORED

Asterisk the Final Two Majors - LOL

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the 2008 holder of the claret jug and the wannamaker cup should have *twdnp engraved next to their name

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Administrator

No.

And I'm only typing more because I have to type more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you asterisk any non-Tiger Majors you should do the same back through history - 1981 British Open (no Tom Watson); when Hogan was out through injury; when he played the British Open rather than the USPGA one year, and so on.
You can only beat the peope who turn up.
Maybe Tiger's absence will actually raise the general standard - the others could raise their game, knowing he isn't there.

What do I win for silliest thread? Scorecard software? I was going to purchase it, but if that is the prize, I'll just wait!

I just view as if the No. 1 player is not there, then its not as special. Now if Tiger kicks the bucket, then Phil (at least in world rankings) is the guy to beat. Obviously I would not want an actual asterisk on the trophy or record books. I will let the media and the golf channel do that, with countless stories and commentary about Tiger not being there, to the winners of these two events...

On another note, Tiger was expected to play in St. Louis for the BMW Championship. What is ironic is the last time he was here to play, the tourny was cancelled due to the September 11th tragedy. I am still going to go.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!