IGNORED

Asterisk the Final Two Majors - LOL

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm sort of joking but doesn't it almost warrant it?
What do you think???

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

No. You play who you play. We haven't asterisked the majors since Hogan, Nicklaus or Arnie stopped playing in them - we shouldn't for Tiger.

Andrew

Its one thing to win a major that Tiger at least played in and stunk up the joint, but to win one without Tiger there after he won his last tourney of the year on one leg has to at least leave a mental asterisk with you...lol
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Its one thing to win a major that Tiger at least played in and stunk up the joint, but to win one after Tiger won his last tourney of the year on one leg has to at least leave a mental asterisk with you...lol

Oh it does. Just that if someone wins a major I don't hold it against them that Tiger wasn't there.

The person that is the happiest over all of this is Phil - the Rocco OT rounds took the focus off his bone headed decisions and that 9 in the tournament and now everyone is focused on Tiger and his medical issue. I will say this - of someone like Adam Scott or Sergio wins a major - there won't be much said about the field but if Phil does someone will comment that he had it easier without Tiger in his head. IMO people think Phil is mentally weak when Tiger is playing - who am I to say if he is or not though....

Andrew

Nah. Injuries are apart of the game - whoever wins them wins them.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

No asterisk whatsoever.

The rest of the golfers can't control Tiger's injury situation, and they will earn their victory for sure. When Tiger retires, is there going to be an asterisk? No. It's actually silly even asking this question.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree no asterisk, but no matter what if Phil wins the next two, it will still be the majors that Tiger was not playing in. So I dont think its silly at all.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

I agree no asterisk, but no matter what if Phil wins the next two, it will still be the majors that Tiger was not playing in. So I dont think its silly at all.

Phil's already won three majors that Tiger *did* play in.

Phil's already won three majors that Tiger *did* play in.

Really??

I am just saying that are not worth as much because the *current* #1 player was not there.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

No.

This question is actually in the running for worst of the year.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

No.

nice - have some rep points i agree whole-heartedly. Can't wait for British Open.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

This question is actually in the running for worst of the year.

Exactly. Someone has to have the silliest thread, after all.

Let's not feed the diseased thinking that the guy was/is unbeatable. Hmmmm, how many times has he been beated in his career - someone please remind us? Actually, it's about time Tiger won one from behind. Obviously it's a major deficiency of his ..... p.s. mind you, if I were a pro, my bank manager would now be improving the terms of my loan ....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

No, I dont think we should asterisk the next two majors- he does not win every major he plays in.He has not won the British Open for a while so i was not banking on him winning either.

As much as Tiger is great, we should give other players a fair crack of the whip as well.

Trevor Immelman does not have an * by his name for the 2008 Masters win, and I am trying to think..... who came in second?

In my Grom Bag

R7 Draw Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
R7 Draw HybridR7 Irons Ball e5+White HotXG 2 Ball

Well if I was on the tour and I won a major without Tiger in the field I would consider it a personal asterisk. The win would feel less gratifying because he isn't in the field.

I am sure it will be in the back of everyone's mind when some one other then Tiger wins only because he isn't in the field. There is always going to be that what if question.

There will not be an official asterisk but there will always be doubts.

gee's how about we just cancel the next 2 Majors because Woods isn't going to be there... does everyone who wins a tournament without Tiger in it place a asterisk behind it?...exactly, NO and neither should they the next 2 Majors.....

only people who post threads like this or those who agree with it will place an asterick behind these 2 Majors and the winners of them, while the other 85% of us could care less if he were there or not

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!