IGNORED

Weak Distance

Note: This thread is 5796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't get the stupid things to upload it always says failed!...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

here's my six iron swing from behind I stopped it.

Based on that image, and the ones you posted earlier in the thread I think you are leaking a lot of power due to your overactive lower body motion (both on the backswing and downswing). On the backswing your back leg is straightening, and your hips are turning nearly as much as your shoulders. Both of those reduce your ability to store power. On the downswing your legs are too active (looking at the impact photo you posted). Your lower body has lost stability and balance, and as a result energy is being redirected to trying to keep you from falling over instead supporting the big muscles of the body (which are the primary power generators).

Look at pictures or video of pro swings (like the picture shown below), and you'll see that the lower body maintains its posture, and in doing so is then able to provide stability, store power, setup a more efficent downswing, and improve the chance of consistency from one swing to the next.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Yeah, My dad said he thinks I 'sway' into the ball...I think that's what I may do because my legs are too much in my swing. I'm going to keep working on that as well. Thanks for showing that picture of Immelman, appreciated.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Yeah, My dad said he thinks I 'sway' into the ball...I think that's what I may do because my legs are too much in my swing. I'm going to keep working on that as well. Thanks for showing that picture of Immelman, appreciated.

As far as swaying, do you tend to drag your whole lower body back with your club? I know what I used to do at the beginning of the year was when I brought the club back I would always sway/shift my body backwards along with the club as well. Fixing it is just keeping your lower body completely still.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

As far as swaying, do you tend to drag your whole lower body back with your club? I know what I used to do at the beginning of the year was when I brought the club back I would always sway/shift my body backwards along with the club as well. Fixing it is just keeping your lower body completely still.

Yeah I do that but it's more on my downswing, I sway into the ball instead of turning around my body, which is probably where I'm losing my power as well combined with other things stated in the thread. I'm trying to work on about three things right now:

1. Taking the club less inside. 2. Not swaying and less leg-action in my swing all together. 3. When taking the club back take it a little slower and pause at the top to generate a little more speed coming back down.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

i suggest you watch the videos on this site

I tried Ron's suggestion in my round today and I didn't have my normal distance, but man my control was dead on. I think I will run with this and hopefully I can get more distance as I go. Thanks for the link!

I tried Ron's suggestion in my round today and I didn't have my normal distance, but man my control was dead on. I think I will run with this and hopefully I can get more distance as I go. Thanks for the link!

No problem. Also, because it may be a different thought process/swing style..thats likely the reason you may be losing some yards. However, as you can see, you are likely making more solid contact with the ball which will lead to you likely surpassing the distance that you were hitting before. On top of that, you'll still have the same control. Its good stuff. Myself personally, and especially with the driver, i was all over the place. If there was a squirrel 20 yards down the fairway, my ball would probably go right through it because every shot was a burner. After watching Ron's video...not taking his lessons or anything..just the video...i was hitting drives 275-280 and at least within the first cut of the rough. That was about 9 months ago. I reviewed Ron's videos the other night and went to the range this afternoon. I then went to golf store to hit some drives using the launch monitor (i had left my clubs a few hundred miles away at another house ). I was up to 290carry with like 10 yards of roll. So...fun stuff..watch his videos

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Recent studies show swinging with a weighted club lowers your swing speed.

I think that only relates to swinging a weighted club directly before you swing your actual club.

Dont know what studies you refer to? but i along with most of the other lders in europe do this, weighted clubs and lighter clubs and can assure you it doesnt slow you down

Note: This thread is 5796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!