IGNORED

Inconsistent ball striking with my irons

Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone help me...

I am having issues with my swing, I am hitting at least 50% of my irons off centre and more towards the toe of the clubface, concequently I am losing distance as well as hurting my hands! It also tends to happen more often when hitting the ball off a tee????

It happens with my woods but not as often than with my irons.

Has anyone some suggestions as to why this may be happening and how I can correct it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In My Bag:

Driver SuperQuad 10.5 deg - Reg
Fairway wood Burner 15 deg - Reg
Hybrid Rescue Dual 19 deg - StiffIrons 775 CB's (3-PW) - RegWedge Vokey 56 deg - StiffPutter Anser 2Bag Extreme light Carry Ball Pro V1

I would say your coming in on the ball
OR KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!!

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Check out the Stack and Tilt.

http://www.golfdigest.com/instructio...ndtilt1_gd0706

Works great to improve iron consistency. Focuses on an initial weight shift to the left, instead of rocking back, then come down on the ball with a feeling as if you are crushing a can with your left foot. Requires a shorter back swing, and you take it a bit inside on takeaway.

When I used to "rock" my weight back and then forward, I would be very inconsistant. I could leave my weight back and hit it fat, or slide too far through and turn with a big hook. The more controlled back swing and minimal weight shift has eliminated fat shots from my game and has resulted in more consistent shots. The compression on my iron shots is better now than ever.

It is not for everybody. Many people who are already consistent strikers of the ball laugh at this method, as they should. But if you are looking for consistency with your irons, especially mid and short irons (it is tougher with longer irons), then this might be worth trying.

Weight slightly on left of center:

Downswing, crush the can with your left foot:

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!