IGNORED

What is the earliest you have ever teed off?

Soup Fan
Note: This thread is 5785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I broke 90 this morning!!!*

*I played the same 9 hole par 31 course twice and shot a 45 and a 41...but I'll take it!

Also, this was the first time I ever played 18 holes without losing a ball.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

During summer I'll often tee off before 5.30am, it just depends on when exactly first light is. I like playing this early in the day because it means that I can get in 18 holes and still be home to start work well before 8.30am.

Depending on what sort of night it was sometimes the dew will be non-existant, sometimes it'll be light but rarely heavy during summer.

During winter I'll tee off at first light as well but that's usually not until about the 6.45am mark or thereabouts which means I can only get in 9 holes before work and there is usually a pretty heavy dew about. You get used to it though, you have to remember to wipe your ball and putterface before putting with heavy dew on the ground otherwise you can get fine grass clippings or small bits of sand in the contact zone and that plays havoc with distance control!

Starting week before last, I began my quest to play 9 holes every weekday morning before work teeing off @ 6am. so far I've succeeded 8 out of 10 weekdays!

I love it. Yeah there's some dew, but the peace and beauty of a course you have almost completely to yourself is just brilliant. Totally improves my attitude at work as well

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I've woken up at 530 am to make it out at 6 am before having to work 4 pm to 1 am, AND have to be back at work the following day at 8 am.

Gave up alot of sleep to lose 4 balls that day. :(

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

My first time playing a nice course was in Palm Springs Memorial Day Weekend 2007. Teed off at 6am. It's Palm Desert in summer. You kind of have to tee off at that time.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Our men's group tee time is 6:30 on weekends, they won't let us on the course before that. Too bad, because it's light at 4:30 this time of year. They have the mowers go out at 5:30, so we're stuck for an hour. I've teed off earlier down in Phoenix in the summer. Too hot to play after 10 am.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

6am is the earliest "official" tee time I've ever had. My buddies and I all have wives who aren't the fondest of golf. Therefore, about the only way we can get away without too much grief is being home by 11am or 11:30am. Sometimes the starter will let us go around 5:50am, but I've never heard of any course allowing official tee times before 6am - that's beautiful! But does that mean you guys are running into the mowers and the rest of the maintenance crew doing their work? I run into them at 6am on the first couple of holes, but starting at 5:30am? That means they're getting out there before then? Or are they letting you out before the maintenance crew gets out there?

Anyway, since I joined my club, the earliest they allow is about 6:50am. We have no tee times, so it's officially 7am to start the day, but they'll let us go 10-15 minutes before that. If I'm first off playing alone, I can get done in less than three hours. Just me and the golf course in the early morning before most are awake...it's serenity to me. Until I flub that first wedge....

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

Love being first off in the Saturday league, approx 6:40. (Dew is your friend, you pay your money, get on the ride...up and down, round in a circle, harness good...block bad,,, circular... all things good)

Only thing that beats it is the smell of an older model 2 stroke outboard (smoke) at 5:45 am, off to a full day of inshore fishing.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

But does that mean you guys are running into the mowers and the rest of the maintenance crew doing their work? I run into them at 6am on the first couple of holes, but starting at 5:30am? That means they're getting out there before then? Or are they letting you out before the maintenance crew gets out there?

Sometimes. Ive had a few instances where Ive had to wait for the groundscrew to finish mowing the green.

Its not that big of a deal though. When you tee off that early, you pretty much have the course to yourself, so if you have to wait a few minutes for the groundscrew to finish their work, its not that big of a deal.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I don't know what time it was, but I remember my Dad and I waiting on the first tee for the sun to come up to the point where we could see. We usually teed off into darkness and found our drives in the dew lines.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

I used to play at 7-8am on Par 3's when I was first starting out. Mainly because i didn't want to hold anyone up or feel rushed. I would like to play those times again, especially now in this 110+ heat. But it's hard to get my lazy ass to get out of bed that early.

The earliest I have ever gone is somewhere around 7 to 8. I cannot remember exactly, but I have been known to be hitting range ball at the crack of daylight.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

One summer, a friend and I consistently were the first group off at this one course, 6:05 am or such. Nearly every week. Problem was, we were usually up playing cards and drinking until about 1am, and he'd be in my driveway at 5:15am. First few holes were rough......;)

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

This past Saturday was my 2nd time playing ever. We had a 6:32am tee time. I thought it was great... however there are some advantages and disadvantages... the biggest advantage was that it wasn't as hot, and more importantly playing didn't kill my entire Saturday. As far as disadvantages, the morning dew had left the greens very wet, which slowed the ball substantially. But i have to say, I have a problem waking up everyday to be at work for 7, but i have no problem waking up to be at the course at 6

Yeah I could not believe how soft the greens were. Every iron into the green I hit stuck within a foot or two of wherever it hit, including quite a few that came back.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I used to stay up through the night a lot, and go tee off when the sun came up (5:30'ish), finish 18 in about 2 or 2 1/2 hours, and then go home and take a nap.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

My buddy and I play at 5:45am three days a week before work. It' tough to get loose the first couple of holes, but it's an awesome time to be out on the course.

Note: This thread is 5785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!