IGNORED

Scotty Cameron putters

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Truthfully there is nothing magical about a Scotty, I have an older newport 2.0 (the one right before they had the insert) and it's no more special then the 2-ball blade I used to have. I bought mine new for like $200 about a year ago, it is an older one but I can tell most people didn't like the insert that the newport went to so that is probably why they went back to the solid milled head.

If I cart I don't even put the head cover on it, in fact I don't even know where the original head cover is. I use a Pro Plat head cover because some one gave it to me.

Any retail Scotty is not really worth reselling, any played Scotty usually isn't worth reselling. Is the new Scotty worth $300, I don't know that's up to you, if it works then heck why not, you use it almost 2 times per hole....most people will spend over $400 on a driver they use probably less then 12 or 13 time per round.

To me, the new studio selects look really ugly (for a SC) in person. The three red dots in the cavity are too gaudy, and the headcover is a disaster.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

I picked a Newport 2 on fathers Day at a local pro shop for $229.00. The
guys I played with that day had plenty of grief to give about my putting and what they thought was too much to pay for a putter. I've struggled with my putting for as long as I can remember. I've had my days when I felt I was putting well, but I've never had what anyone would call a hot day putting. I played with the same guys yesterday afternoon, and I can tell you, they were pretty quiet about my putting. My confidence on the green has soared, and I attribute that to the balanced feel I get from this putter. It may be psychological, but there is no doubt, my average putts per round is down significantly in the last few weeks.

I wrestled with the cost of my Scotty as much as anyone, but after the opportunity to have it in my bag, I firmly believe that it is the best equipment investment I've made, and I could care less about resale. I'd have to be some kind of damn fool to get rid of it.

i heard that the scotty's were not as good as they used to be from my local professional, who just took a scotty out of his bag for a bettinardi. im gonna check out that putter talk website, and im glad i came here for a second opinion.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

Personally I cant confirm nor deny your pros claim. I just bought a new 08 Newport model So I am obviously hoping he is wrong. But can you really take someones word based off of "Just Cause" and that is what it sounds like to me. I would imagine a converstation with him would go something like the fights I would get into with my little brother when I was 10 over who is the better Superhero...Batman or Superman!!

By the way Superman def wins everytime!!

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

Personally I cant confirm nor deny your pros claim. I just bought a new 08 Newport model So I am obviously hoping he is wrong. But can you really take someones word based off of "Just Cause"

This is a pro that has been teaching me since i was 5 years old, so hes been my coach for 10 years, and he helped me pick out all my clubs. And im not just gonna buy a putter, im going to demo it first, this is someones game who is similar to mine and we both choose similar equipment. An example would be that he played the i10s, i used them on the range and loved them, so i bought a set and he fitted me for them. Another example would be the Rombamax Shaft, he had it on his driver in the S 75, and i tried and really liked it. So his word on the scottys is trusted.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

I am not questioning his ability or yours...I am simply questions his reasoning. With blank statements made about the quality of a product with no realy backing behind it just makes me wonder where these opinions are coming from!

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

no problem, and because of scotty cameron supporters, im gonna try a bettinardi, a yes putter, and a cameron.

Age 16

It all comes down to personal preference and feel with putting. I've played a 2-ball blade for the past year and it works fine. However, I wanted to find out what all the buzz was about on the scotty camerons. I went to my local golf store and tried out one of the new studio selects, 35", and was not overly impressed with the weighting or feel. I currently play a 34", so I wanted to get out and try one of the selects in 34" and higher weighting. Once I did, I saw what everyone is so fanatical about. Nothing really compares to the feel of the new select. I tried the ping redwood, odyssey black, etc...all side by side and ended up with the cameron select. Just purchased a new one last night off of Ebay.................

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!