IGNORED

My first 'round' back!

welshy
Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just quickly, used to play lots in the UK, >11 years ago. Been in Australia since and thought I should get back into it :) So I bought some cheapie new irons (adams tight lies) thought they would be better than my 1980s Lynx Parallax. They arrived Tuesday - shiny and smooth, very shiny and smooth :)

So off I go today and shoot a 52 (just played front 9 - 36). Reflrcting upon my round and the penalties, there is no surprise that 90% of my shots were to the right - not horribly right, but you know just drifting out there with the drives and just in the same place really with most of my approaches and par 3s. Now I know I have a swing issue with 'overswinging' and am cognizant of this and try to reduce same (it's a throwback to when Daly won 'The Open' and I thought that was the way to go). I unfortunately can almost point the club at my left foot on the backswing lol - it doesn't help...

So any quick simple ideas without lots of practice to prevent this? I also hit off the toe a fair bit today :/

Thanks in advance
Welshy

PS How u get the Sigs done, or should I read the FAQs?

Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!