IGNORED

GPS golf equipment.

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yup from Grayling I have mapped the Grayling Cuontry club for the sureshot and a couple other local courses but not fox run. Canoeing is one of the reasons most people come but not necessarily golf unless they are going to Gaylord to golf. There is a real nice course but expensive outside of Roscommon called Forest Dunes you might want to give it a try, it is out in the middle of nowhere.

I may just try it. How far is that from downtown grayling?

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

I may just try it. How far is that from downtown grayling?

About 15 miles, you go out m-72 east about 9 miles on the right hand side is Chase Bridge Rd the left hand side is Wakely Bridge Rd turn right on Chase Bridge Rd and go about 5 miles and on the left there is a sign for Forest Dunes the road is South Branch Rd go down that for 1 1/2 miles and the gate is on the left.

In my Pro Combo Tour Stand Bag:

Driver: 9* Ft-5
3 Wood: 15* Ft tour
Irons: VR Blades 3-PWWedges: VR 52.10, 56.10, 60.06Putter: 34" Newport 2.5 Detour Method 003 blade in the springBall: One Tour or Platinum Home Course: Grayling Country Club

Excuse me but I think I just did.

You can call it a crutch if you want. But what about all those Tour players that have caddies with yardage books all marked up and notes about each hole from practice rounds. If a Tour Pro is allowed that kind of information, why is it that we can't have certain distances available to us via a GPS or Laser range finder?

Heck, all the range finder does is give us distances. The Tour players get advice from his caddy too! Crutch? Hardly......knowing a few distances isn't going to help us hit shots any better. It will put the right club in our hands more often. What's the big deal???? S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

About 15 miles, you go out m-72 east about 9 miles on the right hand side is Chase Bridge Rd the left hand side is Wakely Bridge Rd turn right on Chase Bridge Rd and go about 5 miles and on the left there is a sign for Forest Dunes the road is South Branch Rd go down that for 1 1/2 miles and the gate is on the left.

Forest Dunes is a "must play" for anyone within shouting distance (4 hour drive) of Northern Michigan. It is probably the 5th best public course in the state behind Arcadia Bluffs, Bay Harbor, Tullymore, and Black Lake. Tom Weiskopf designed it and that other beauty of his (Cedar River) over at Shanty Creek, and both are absolutely fantastic courses. Man I am going to miss the majesty of Northern Michigan's golf courses.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'll throw my 2 cents in...
I have used my new Skycaddie SG5 for 2 rounds and it is awesome. Full detail with carries and layups. The ability to map yardage exactly to each pin gives you complete confidence to make full swings on every shot. I got mine on ebay for $330 brand new and saved $100. Definitely makes the game faster.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Looks like that one will work (though not have many features - scorekeeping is about it??) for the iPhone 2G too.

GPS, mapping, and record keeping. That would be the killer app for the iphone or the skycaddie, and anything else on the market. Can't wait to pull the trigger on this item. (just gotta convince the chairwomen of the board the virtues of this investment.

) Thanks for all the information everyone is providing.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

• 1 month later...
I just got my Golflogix today (off ebayfor $242 shipped, plus a one year subscription included). Have made sure the subscription works (it does), and when I get home tonight I will spend the time looking for and downloading the courses (can keep 20 on the unit, which is generally more courses than I will play in a year). I've already seen how it works, as I was paired with someone who had one a couple of weekends ago. I've already looked and it has all the courses I remember the names of from Arizona to Iowa to Kansas to Missouri) except for one in Exira, IA. I'll keep my rangefinder for now, but once I figure all the ins and outs of the GPS I'll probably sell it.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!