IGNORED

best winter course

Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,
in november I going to travel to the US, and I would like to play some golf.
Can you suggest me some courses that are open during the winter??

bag:
hybdrid: XM1 24°
irons: XM1 (5-PW)
wedges: x-forged 56°
putter: Karsten B60balls: juice ix

Hi,

This is one big piece of real estate. Where are your travel plans taking you (specifically)?

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

This is one big piece of real estate. Where are your travel plans taking you (specifically)?

I agree with Alf. We need to know what part of the U.S. you will be in.

In the winter, the best course conditions will be in the southern part of the U.S., in places like Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Southern California. But that doesn't mean courses in some other parts of the country won't be playable too. But if you are going somewhere like, say, North Dakota . . . well, you may be out of luck.

Myrtle Beach, the great golf mecca, is perfect at 69F and rainfall (2.8") is at one its minimums so I'd head there to start.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

When are you going? I ask this because some may consider November to be Winter and there's a difference in weather from November to February.

I would generally suggest Florida, starting no further north than Orlando, Southern California, and Hawaii. You're pretty much guaranteed quality weather in those places.

If you stray from there, I would say go no further north than South Carolina and if yo do go in South Carolina or Georgia, stick to the coast as it's much, much warmer and better weather. I live in Atlanta and used to live in Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach has far, far better weather in the winter than Atlanta does, despite Atlanta being slightly south of Myrtle.

Texas is good, but I would suggest being no further north than Austin. Phoenix should be good, but it's still a question mark.

I'd suggest Myrtle if you can avoid December and January. January is the only month that usually gets crappy weather in Myrtle. You don't know what you're going to get in December in Myrtle, so that woudl be too risky.

3JACK

I hear early november is a great time to play Bandon Dunes. The temps will still be in the 60's and the rates drop precipitously. 2 weeks later they take another steep drop, but then you are taking your chances with the weather.

I'm hoping to play my first round at Bandon late this coming fall.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Come to Massachusetts, golf is great here in January! =(

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Can't go wrong with the Palm Springs, CA. area. Particularly the La Quinta resorts...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

thanks for the replays. I have discovered that many courses in NV and AZ will accept solo golfers. I think that I will go there.

bag:
hybdrid: XM1 24°
irons: XM1 (5-PW)
wedges: x-forged 56°
putter: Karsten B60balls: juice ix

Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!