IGNORED

Best golf experience while playing a round?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played a round with a sweet 94 year old man who still plays 3 times a week. He also entertained us by telling stories, jokes and even threw his voice as a ventriloquist.

Whats your best golf experience playing a round? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

When I was in high school we shared our home course(which I worked at) with a private school in the area so there were a lot of rich kid members that always had a couple grand worth of clubs in there bag but were completely average golfers. One day I joined with a couple of them for a round. They both claimed to be like a 6-7 handicap and I was like a 12. There was always a kind of rivalry between the public school kids and them and I ended up shooting like 2 or 3 over on the round and smoked them both. It was a good day.

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

It has to be the time that while we were waiting to tee off a red tailed hawk come swooping down and hit a ground squirrel. It happened about 10 yards from us. Those are big birds and it was an impressive sight. Then it flapped over to the green adjacent to the tee and proceeded to enjoy its meal.

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

When my dad was about to tee off on a par 4 (roughly 400 yards) and tee'd it up so high he hit under it and the ball went straight up then landed right by his tee that was knocked over but still in the same place where it was set into the ground. Absoluley hularious expecially watchign him duck and run away from it.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Probably my First chip in which was my first birdie at my old home course. I tried so hard for my first birdie there, amazing It was a chip in which made it even better.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Probable have to be eagleing a par 4. Good day that was

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

My third round of golf ever. The first time I had played with this particualar group, 3 older guys who were all really nice and really funny.

I told them, "Guys, I'm new. I don't think I've played 18 holes total in my life"

They were very nice to me, and I proceeded to play the best round ever. I still haven't played that well. I was hitting drives with my 3-wood (I still do). And they were all straight as an arrow down the middle of the fiarway. Not too far down, but still decent shots. Sure, I hit some bad ones, but for me it was a great day.

i shot a 50 on the front 9, which is my best 9 ever. I still haven't hit better than that. The guys kept looking at me saying, "You sure you're not hustling us?" Of course, one guy shot a 37, and the other two shot like a 40 each, so I know that they were just being polite, but it still felt great. Really nice guys, we still play together sometimes.

That was a fun day. I felt like a king.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

When I started my first company, I wanted to play golf with my father to celebrate. On the 5th hole, I got a hole in one. My only one ever to this date, and by far my greatest day on the golf course.

Over 15 years ago I was playing with my father and his best friend. My Dad had been playing for 25 years and was the man who taught me all about this beautiful game. Par 3, 172 yards on the Old Course of the Royal Hong Kong Golf Club. My dad's 6-iron took off like an excocet, right at the flag. Three hops, roll and dropped for an ace. Big bear hugs all around. His first and only hole-in-one before he died way too young.

Pure magic - I remember it like yesterday.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Over 15 years ago I was playing with my father and his best friend. My Dad had been playing for 25 years and was the man who taught me all about this beautiful game. Par 3, 172 yards on the Old Course of the Royal Hong Kong Golf Club. My dad's 6-iron took off like an excocet, right at the flag. Three hops, roll and dropped for an ace. Big bear hugs all around. His first and only hole-in-one before he died way too young.

THats what is great about this game. People can come and go, but the memories are there forever.

It was my FIRST time going out on an actual course. I'd been to the range a few times but that was it. My uncle took me out to a not so hot course being its my first time. 8th hole i was getting a little frustrated and i hit my second shot into some trees, and under the trees there was alot of dead branches so i was basicly screwed. I just took a pitching wedge from about 20 yards and hit it soft like he told me. Out of the brush bounces twice and rolls into the cup.

He was on the phone and he threw it in the air and THAT was my best experience.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Three..

1. This past weekend finally shooting in the 70's. I was pretty happy about that.

2. Couple years ago, we played Old Kinderhook, Lake of the Ozarks, Mo; one spring morning and there were gobblers hammering all morning long...and it was echoing in those valleys, awesome sound..

3. Playing in a 4man scramble tournament with some buddies and one of them was struggling all day....couldn't do anything right. Well we all had a long birdie putt with one mulligan for our group, we all missed and he wanted to use the mulligan, so he putted and it looked center cup all the way till it lipped out, lmao..he raised his putter up real fast on the lip out and the shaft snapped inside the grip and it hung out of his hand like he was holding a garden hose..I about died from lack of oxygen from laughing so hard...

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff
.......CLK FLI-HI 3(20*) & 4(23*) Hybrids
.......4-PW MP60 DGSL 300's Stiff SVT 52* Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 54* Wedge CG10 Black Pearl 60* Wedge XG White Hot #1 Putter ProV1, Prov1x, NXT Tour Aerolite III Stand

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!