IGNORED

Swing Video (Update)

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Awesome, a guy with the same problem as me. Glad I'm not the only one. It is extremely tough for me to keep my spine angle maintained throughout the shot, I'm sure you would agree. Avid Golfer knows his stuff when it comes to the golf swing. I have had him analyze my videos on swing academy and it has helped me a ton. Although I am still struggling at maintaining spine angle, the other things he has told me, have worked out for the better. I just think being able to maintain my spine angle will take some time. Just stick with, I know it can be frustrating, and definately listen to what Avid Golfer has to say.

It has been extremely helpful. With the help of Avid Golfer and some others on Swingacademy, I think I am starting to realize where the problem stems(just realized this after seeing Avid analyze my swing on SA...too steep of an angle into the ball and a little over the top). I have to make room for the club to clear by straightening up.

At first I figured "hey, just start maintaining your spine angle, simple as that." But I guess when you have other faults they don't allow you to be in the correct positions no matter how hard you try. The whole "letting the club drop" to start the downswing is tough for me, but like you said these things take time. Getting my swing on video really helped with the hooks that I was battling. Getting my swing a little more upright helped, but looks like I may have overdid it a bit. But I can live with it for now until I do a little more tweaking. This swing puts the ball in play much more often so it's tough to complain. I'm wondering if, like Avid says, a little more bend at the hips might help to flatten that swingplane out a little. I guess when you are standing a little upright over the ball you probably tend to swing a little more upright. I've said this many times before, but everyone needs to get their swing on video ASAP. It can be very humbling, but that is a good thing when it comes to your golf game. Just little minor changes you can make from seeing your own swing can help a lot, then you get some experts to chime in and you can really make a difference.

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!