IGNORED

Just got my r7!

mrgilmore
Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

r7 5 wood just came in the mail. Lucky aswell cause im playing at 3 30 and it arrived at 3 so just in time. I cant wait to go out and have a hit with my new club.

Also just wondering who else has the same club and what do you think of it?

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

congrats on the pickup...unfortunately i dont have the club to give you feedback...however i was interested in picking up a new 3wood and am interested in what you think about the r7? I have the burner driver...so was curious about the burner 3 woods...what do you think about your r7 3wood? Have you hit the burners?

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

congrats on the pickup...unfortunately i dont have the club to give you feedback...however i was interested in picking up a new 3wood and am interested in what you think about the r7? I have the burner driver...so was curious about the burner 3 woods...what do you think about your r7 3wood? Have you hit the burners?

Its a 5 wood but it doesnt really matter its an awesome club to hit. I found it very forgiving which is good for fairway woods because you basically just want to hit them dead straight and even though i got a few out of the toe i felt it still almost went the same distance, probably only lost about 10 - 15 metres. Pretty high trajectory aswell which i thought was good.

No i havent hit the burner. I was looking at getting one but that was a little out of my price range. I heard it a club with a very low trajectory but that could be just me.

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

I have just bought the Burner Driver, 3 Wood & Rescue and can't reccomend them highly enough. I have never been so straight and long, they're taking 7-10 shots off my round. I was using the Mizuno MX 560, 3 Wood and Burner and they can't compare. I just need a good iron set and illbe down to 12-15 in no time.

I've got the r7 Draw 3 & 5 woods and I love them. The only complaint I've got is when hitting them off the tee. They have a very short face (measuring from the bottom of the face to the crown). This makes these woods easy to hit off the deck, but when teeing it up you have to be careful not to tee the ball up too high. With the low face it's easy to go right under the ball and launch it straight up into the air (and leave a nice mark on the crown of the club).

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

That R7 driver is a great stick. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I just picked up a Ping G5 a couple months ago. It was between the G5 and R7 for me. I just found a better/quicker deal on the G5, that's what I'm hitting.

My bag....

G5 9° Driver
V Steel 15° 3 wood
300's 3-PW AW Vokey 56° Rac 60° WH #5 Putter

That's the only wood from the r7 line that I don't have. I have the driver, 3 wood and hybrid already. I hit my hybrid about 230 so I don't think I will buy the 5 wood!

In my Grom Bag

R7 Draw Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
R7 Draw HybridR7 Irons Ball e5+White HotXG 2 Ball

i have the r7 5 wood and burner tp 3 wood .. both are great to hit. I was a 2 iron hitter for a loooong time, this being my first 5 wood .. While I could hit the 2 iron . .this 5 wood I have already made 2 or 3 birdies from 225 yards with ...

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Nice grats on the quick pick up... i don't have the 5 wood myself but my friend does and he hits a great ball with it. The sound and ball flight is gorgeous.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

My Burner 3 Wood arrived today. All I can say is wow. I was hitting it side by side with my mates Callaway fusion 3 wood. He didn't want to give the Burner back. Very high ballflight with an easy draw. Forgiving as well. If the Burner Driver hits like that, Maybe the R7 460 will become my back up driver...

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!