IGNORED

Handicap Index

Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

it all depends on what you want, if you just want to keep track of your scores, putts, F/W hit, etc... oobgolf.com is good and easy to use.

Currently in my 2008 Grom bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 19*
Irons: 775 cb 4-GWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58*Putter: "Callie"

At my local course their is a computer that keeps our handicaps

Driver: Titleist D2, 9.5* loft, Aldila VooDoo XS, IOMIC Grip Red
Fairway: Titleist 906 F2, 13* and 18* loft, Fujikura 757 Tour Spec. XS, IOMIC Grip Black
Irons: Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype 3-9, Project X 6.5, IOMIC Grip Black
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 48*, Titleist Proto Vokey 52*, Titleist...

Scorecard is a winner!
What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally use www.oobgolf.com because that was the first site i was introduced to in the process of searching for this kind of thing.

I can honestly say that it is awesome. Whoever said that you need to enter the stats for each course that you play on oob is incorrect. They store all the courses i've played so far, with the correct ratings and slopes depending on the tees you play from and yardages for each hole. It really doesn't get much easier.

Also, they use the USGA calculator to calculate your handicap. Yes, it's not official, but it's right.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

Thanks. I am using oobgolf and if I ever need an official, then I will try something else.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Handicaps are a funny thing. I think it is a good idea to keep one. It's nice to know if you are improving or not. I've read up on how they work, but it is just weird to me. I don't play golf too much anymore. I get out about once a month during the school year (im in college), and in the summer maybe twice a week. My low index for june was 4.7, and then for july it crept down to 3.5. Now, for august it is 3.2....There is no way that I play good enough to be a 3.2. I shoot consistently in the mid to high 70's

Anyone use one of these that are easy to use on your PDA phone? I like the oobgolf.com site but would like to find one where I can keep it all on Treo while I am playing.
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

Anyone use one of these that are easy to use on your PDA phone? I like the oobgolf.com site but would like to find one where I can keep it all on Treo while I am playing.

oobgolf.com is mobile friendly and you can do live scoring. Go to mobile.oobgolf.com on you Treo.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

Golf Digest has a pretty good stat tracker that I use. Doesn't give you an official USGA handicap obviously but it's free and has a lessons library.

What's in my Vapor Lite

:taylormade: [SIZE="2"]R7 Superquad TP x-Stiff

:taylormade: [SIZE="2"]R7 3 woodAP 2 Irons 5.5 Project X56 degree, 52 degreeWhite Hot XG #9Pro V1Where I play: www.salmonarmgolf.com

Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!