IGNORED

Right Wrist

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been doing a lot of mirror practice at home lately particularly looking at my top position from behind. I find that if I break my right wrist back early in the backswing I look much better at the top. I just can't seem to get that good wrist position without starting it early. Any problems with that approach?

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

I like to take the backswing one piece until I am parallel with the ground then I break my wrist and take the club up. This will give me a mid trajectory of the ball.

If I take the club back and break my wrist immediately this will give me a higher ball flight because you are returning back to the ball at a stepper angle then the above take away. I notice this more with my 3 wood ball flight.

do you have a high ball flight?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

My ball flight is about average height. So other than a ball flight issue breaking the wrist early is not a problem?

My Clubs
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Generally wrist cock should be pretty natural. One of the things to look out for with an early wrist cock is a golfer tends to stop rotating the torso on the backswing. You really need at least 120 degrees of shoulder turn on the backswing.

3JACK

Generally wrist cock should be pretty natural. One of the things to look out for with an early wrist cock is a golfer tends to stop rotating the torso on the backswing. You really need at least 120 degrees of shoulder turn on the backswing.

I don't think my wrist cock, well actually it is not wrist cock it is wrist break in the right hand, is just not natural enough. I think things like that vary from person-to-person and I might need a little help there. Anyway, if it doesn't work I'll try something else. I don't intend to manipulate it in the downswing just get a better backswing position. I am going to have to exercise more and get really flexible for 120 degrees of shoulder turn. And that may be part of the problem. If I could rotate 120 degrees maybe my right wrist would just flop over into the correct position.

My Clubs

Well I took this idea to the range and was pleased with the results. Getting that wrist set in a good position at the top really helped with lag. I found that I was able to keep the club on plane very well. I think I was casting a bit before but not nearly as bad with the new wrist action.

My Clubs

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!