IGNORED

6 Hour and 15 Min Round!

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

believe me when I say I don't mind long rounds, but anything over 5hrs is a bit extreme imho.....I guess that course is all about making $$$$$$ regardless of time of play.

I generally finish in about 4 1/2 hours. Last time, I tried to wave the guys behind us through, because I felt really bad for holding them up almost half of the holes. There must have been several behind them because they allowed us to keep playing in front of them.

I play in Junior tournaments and we arae usually done in 4 : 30...

or the course is backed up with 90+ golfers who don't know how to take practice swings while waiting for a group to clear the green

we said SLOW rounds are over 5 hours. just because you play faster doesn't mean that MY group is playing slow. if there is nobody in front of me i can walk 18 in under 2 and a half hours

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I know we all have stories of slow play - like the bastards that played in front of me friday ball hunting with 6 groups waiting behind them.

In some cases though it is actually the courses fault - most tend to overbook figuring there will be 2-3 cancellations per hour - when there are none it makes for a long day for everyone.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just finished reading this month's Golf Digest. There was an article about the amateur foursome at Torrey Pines: Romo, Atkinson, Timberlake and Lauer. That round took 6:15. Mind you, they were the only golfers on the course.

That's pretty brutal.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I played in a junior tourney at TPC Wakefeild last week, and that round took 5:45. But it didnt seem too long because while we walked, other competitors and I talked a lot so it was all good

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I just finished reading this month's Golf Digest. There was an article about the amateur foursome at Torrey Pines: Romo, Atkinson, Timberlake and Lauer. That round took 6:15. Mind you, they were the only golfers on the course.

They were probably all pretty drunk. I know if I had the course all to myself, I'd be pretty drunk...lol

But in all seriousness, it's a little different when you're rich, don't have a time schedule and there's no one behind you.

yeah that was a good read.......Romo was the only player whom you could write home about with his 84, Timberlake would have been better had he not taken the 10 on the 9th hole..........I personally liked the article and read about Oakland HillsGolf Club (upcoming PGA Championship) Course outside of Detroit

Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!